Packers 2023-24 Season Thread

Looks like Stokes is back in some form, at least going through warmups.

Edit: Looks like Jenkins, Stokes, Jones, Alexander, Watson and Musgrave are all practicing (Musgrave is still in the protocol but that’s a good sign)

Last edited:
The more bodies they get back, the better off they'll be. At the same time, most of these guys will be on a pitch count.

Looks like Stokes is back in some form, at least going through warmups.

Edit: Looks like Jenkins, Stokes, Jones, Alexander, Watson and Musgrave are all practicing (Musgrave is still in the protocol but that’s a good sign)
Once you practice after being on PUP you have 21 days to be put on active roster so if they count the bye week Stokes has to be on roster for Vikings game if they don't count bye week then it's following week vs the Rams.

I would be shocked if Elgton came back this week with the travel, late game and then bye week coming up, but hopefully this means he’s good to go against Denver after the bye.
Kinda my thoughts too. That's the extra time needed to heal even more, and get in better shape. Rushing it could lead to another set back for an injured player. We've seen enough of that already.

As for why no change last off-season he also answered that ML stated he thought about it but then if they made a major change at QB didn't want that and a new defensive scheme too ( meaning they knew AR wasn't coming back)

I am sorry but the latter makes a ton of sense to me.
i get why he hired him in the beginning (sort of). i think he could have been more proactive, but let's just say that he had no choice.

where i disagree is that when it was clear that we got the joe barry that everyone thought we would get, it was time to make a change. mlf better not make another lame excuse to not replace him at the end of this season.

Considering there aren’t any QBs coming out Gb would have a shot at, and what we’ve seen so far I’d be comfortable giving him a longer deal within reason.
but how do you know there aren't any qbs coming out that gb would have a shot at? one of today's best qbs was the very last player chosen in the draft. he is 9-0 in games he started. 32 teams passed on him multiple times. even the team that drafted him didn't know what they had until they were forced to play him because qb1 and qb2 were injured. i think that there are potentially great players who slip through the cracks every year. not always qbs, but we'll never know because those players never got a legitimate shot. the packers have found a few of these diamonds in the rough with udfa acquisitions. it happens ever year. teams are not infallible when evaluating talent.

sorry for the rant. it wasn't really directed at you, cd. your post was just a convenient lead-in.

Packers signed S Christian Young (Arizona) to the Practice squad

6’3” | 225 2,224 career snaps | 824 box | 648 FS | 382 slot | 155 boundary

2021-22: 12 pressures | 142/168 tckls | 41 stops

@Brennen_Rup

Christian Young played all over during his time at Arizona. At his best playing downhill. 400-plus snaps on special teams.

Back