Packers 2023-24 Season Thread

Here's a question for the group: we're at about the quarter mark of the season - how close are you to feeling comfortable with GB tearing up Love's transition deal and signing him long term? There already? Not even close? Want to see a little more?
Considering there aren’t any QBs coming out Gb would have a shot at, and what we’ve seen so far I’d be comfortable giving him a longer deal within reason.

Pivoting to the offensive line issues:

I am wondering why we have not given Nijman a shot. Doesn't he block better in the run game? Also, I seem to remember him playing decent 2 years ago at LT. Has he been that bad in preseason and practices?

Personally, this is what I would like to see:

1st Choice- Walker, Jenkins, Meyer, Tom, Nijman

2nd Choice- Nijman, Jenkins, Meyer, Runyan, Tom

Thoughts?

I am wondering why we have not given Nijman a shot. Doesn't he block better in the run game? Also, I seem to remember him playing decent 2 years ago at LT. Has he been that bad in preseason and practices?

Thoughts?
Their choices are a bit strange with the OL. Yosh got pushed down the depth chart because Walker outplayed him by a little bit. Maybe because he was a draft pick? Who knows. OK. But then Sean Rhyan outplayed Newman all preseason but can’t sniff the field, AND he was a higher pick than Newman. Meanwhile Newman to me has just played his way off the roster, he’s a failed pick, move on. I kinda don’t get it, seems like Steno has favorites.

Can someone whose brain works on Mondays translate what Barry said? He used words but they make no sense to me.
Sure, they have guys Fing up their assignments which is screwing up the scheme. They'll need to identify said players quickly and adjust in game. Everyone assumes structure means changing scheme, not true at all.

Gap integrity and assignment sure FB. Your big thing about "defensive mindset" that's all he's saying. He's actually not wrong.

If your heads not in the game and you blow your assignment bad things happen.

Off topic but not. All the comments about dead legs and bad tackling. I've seen some bad MF FB players tackle like pee wee kids because they were sick, hungover or just plain overtired. If that happens again off this mini bye then we have something else to talk about and it's not good.

Thoughts?

I prefer #2 but I think Jenkins misses a couple more games so Slid Nijman to LT with Tom next to him and let Walker play RT, against Vegas if they aren't going to run then use Dillon to help chip Crosby. tc(

Sure, they have guys Fing up their assignments which is screwing up the scheme. They'll need to identify said players quickly and adjust in game. Everyone assumes structure means changing scheme, not true at all.

Gap integrity and assignment sure FB. Your big thing about "defensive mindset" that's all he's saying. He's actually not wrong.

If your heads not in the game and you blow your assignment bad things happen.

Off topic but not. All the comments about dead legs and bad tackling. I've seen some bad MF FB players tackle like pee wee kids because they were sick, hungover or just plain overtired. If that happens again off this mini bye then we have something else to talk about and it's not good.
Winner)

I prefer #2 but I think Jenkins misses a couple more games so Slid Nijman to LT with Tom next to him and let Walker play RT, against Vegas if they aren't going to run then use Dillon to help chip Crosby. tc(

I can get with that

I also thought about putting Tom at Center and sitting Meyer.

Walker, Jenkins, Tom, Runyan, Nijman

Patrick Taylor at a radio show tonight. Was asked what sports he did. Said he ran track then joked one time he ran the 800m but that's because he got in some trouble.

With Jones hurt we have no one to get 4 yards consistently..... 2nd and 6 and 3rd and 2 or 3 is much easier to play call then 3rd and 8 or 10 which is where we find ourselves. Don't need home run... we need a guy who can run inside zone and cut.

Personally, go rob someone off a PS and forget the Wilson kid, that was another pre-season fairy tale deal.
GB worked out former Jax RB James Robinson. Anything worthwhile there?

GB worked out former Jax RB James Robinson. Anything worthwhile there?
This guy has really bounced around the league. Just seems like another guy they have on the emergency list. I would not be surprised if Patrick Taylor is signed to the 53 man. He's burned all 3 of his callups to the 53 man and can now only play if GB signs him off the PS. Though I believe GB could sign Taylor to the 53 man for one game cut him let him pass thru waivers again sign him back to the PS and that would reset his callups since he was on the 53 man roster and cut and went back to the PS.

Back