Official 2023 Training Camp Thread

exactly

F31Dv-KWkAAMi5X
Almost positive this was said one of the years that they did not indeed trade Aaron Rodgers.

GM's lie sometimes. No sense making it seem like they'd like to get rid of him. Make him look like unobtanium and perhaps you can get a higher price. Only Gute knows for sure what he's thinking.

Rather see all the starters rested play the backups let them get time.

My wild guess at a 53 man roster

QB- Love, Clifford

RB-Jones, Dillon, Taylor, Wilson

FB-Deguara

WR-Watson, Doubs, Reed, Toure, Heath, Wicks, DuBose

TE-Musgrave, Kraft

OL-Bakhtiari, Jenkins, Myers, Tom, Nijman, Runyan, Walker, Jones

DL-Clark, Slaton, Wyatt, Brooks, Wooden, Ford

LB-Smith, Walker, Campbell, Gary, Van Ness, McDuffie, Enagbare, Wilson

CB-Alexander, Nixon, Valentine, Douglas

S-Savage, Ford, Leavitt, Owens, Johnson Jr, Moore

K-Carlson

P-O'Donnell

LS-Orzech

PUP-Stokes

Leaves-51 roster spots. GB then makes a couple claims to fill out final 53. Pick up perhaps another CB and TE to fill out roster.

The Green Bay Packers signed LB Marvin Pierre and placed TE Tyler Davis on injured reserve. General Manager Brian Gutekunst announced the transactions Monday.
Pierre (6-2, 222), a rookie out of Kent State, was originally signed by the Arizona Cardinals as an undrafted free agent on May 12, 2023, but was released in early June. He played in 25 games in two seasons (2021-22) at Kent State and recorded 149 tackles (86 solo), 11 tackles for a loss, 2.5 sacks, an interception and two forced fumbles. Pierre transferred to Kent State from Murray State, where he played in 2020 and collected 29 tackles (17 solo), four tackles for a loss, a sack, an interception, a pass defensed and a forced fumble. Prior to Murray State, he played one season (2019) at Butler Community College and redshirted in 2018 at Fort Scott Community College. He will wear No. 54 for the Packers.

Thoughts by position:

QB: Love doesn't play much, but looks pretty solid out there. Nice arm, and good decisions. Clifford is the surprise here though. Really looks comfortable, strong decision-maker, understands our offense, and really has a good arm. Better than Brett Huntley ever was. Better than Love looked like as a rookie. Looks like he is under-drafted as a 5th rounder instead of over-drafted as many thought. Will be a good backup.

RB: Goodson's injury is at a bad time. 3rd RB looks like a fight between Taylor and Wilson. I'm cheering for Wilson

TE: Kind of quiet night. Musgrave is ok at blocking.

WRs: Toure looks decent at KR/PR, but I wonder if his tendency to cross the field is getting us holding penalties. Heath is really fighting to make the team. Reed looks more like Cobb than Rodgers as a slot WR. He should have a nice impact this year.

OL: Walker looking good out there. Nijman and Myers seem to be regressing... Rhyan was out there without any big issues. 3rd rounder without much competition probably means he makes the team.

DT: Brooks really had a nice night. Wooden also looked good. Hopefully, they don't turn into wall-flowers when all the starters are out there.

OLB: Engebare... wow. Nice night, good improvement. Van Ness just being "ok". Seems to be in position mostly, but not making any big plays. Hopefully that will come.

ILB: Not much from anyone out there. Walker was just "ok" at best.

CB: Valentine was really up and down, but I love his aggression and not giving up when he makes a bad play. A keeper. Thomas had some flashes also.

S: Really a lot of mediocre. Johnson getting a lot of play out there. Not doing much yet, but I think he has the best upside. Owens batted down a pass; Ford had a couple of nice tackles; no one is really grabbing the job.

ST: Carson had a nice night. I think the kid will be good, but it will take some patience. Seems to be improving.

So any vet guys who might be a surprise cut? Only one I could see maybe happen would be Myers. Even that I think seems slim to none with Hanson being cut. Seems like this will be a year were most vets over 2-3 years are safe and will be a bunch of UDFA and 1st year back end of the roster players who will be shown the door.

Back