Official 2019 Week 8 Green Bay vs Kansas City Thread

Really more a matter of their record against the Chiefs is not good. Eliminating the first two games (Super Bowl with no real home team and the subsequent tie), they're 2-4 as visitor, 1-3 at home.

but just how meaningful are those stats? the last time the packers played the chiefs was in 2015. that was at lambeau and the packers won. the time before that was in 2011 in kansas city and the packers won. those are the only two games where aaron rodgers was the qb. the time before that was in 2007 at kc, and the packers won (but some guy named favre was the qb). and none of the games involved matt lafleur as the head coach of the packers. so really, is it even relevant that we lost some games there in the distant past?

Don't know if it's me you're responding to, but I agree. I was just pointing out that their record against the Chiefs hasn't been a matter of where the games are played. As you point out, nothing about their series impacts on this game.

but just how meaningful are those stats? the last time the packers played the chiefs was in 2015. that was at lambeau and the packers won. the time before that was in 2011 in kansas city and the packers won. those are the only two games where aaron rodgers was the qb. the time before that was in 2007 at kc, and the packers won (but some guy named favre was the qb). and none of the games involved matt lafleur as the head coach of the packers. so really, is it even relevant that we lost some games there in the distant past?
2011 Packers lost in KC was their only loss of the year.

I remember the game against the Chiefs in 2015. AR threw 4 or 5 TDs if I recall. That year defenses played soft against our WR and AR was tearing them up early in the season. The next week we played Denver and Wade Phillips essentially broke the Rodgers/McCarthy system. Their DBs played tight press man and we had no answers, Cobb and Adams and whoever couldn't get open. I think AR threw for like 70 yards against them. Teams emulated that the rest of the way and it was a slog.

perhaps; but when I lived in KC, I went to the game in 2011; there were a LOT of Packer fans, so the noise wasn't as deafening as it can be there.
Was too early for me as well .. . I was at the game in 2007 when #4 led the Packers to a win over KC. KC media was furious because the stadium was full of Green and Gold that day . .

Back