Official 2019 Week 8 Green Bay vs Kansas City Thread

For the folks in the desert, KC opened as 4.5 point favorites, and money quickly swung to GB, who are now favored by 4/4.5. Don't see that every week.
not sure I see any book that opened with KC as a favorite, line has moved with money on GB

An interesting thing here is that this will be the 3rd week in a row where we've played a team coming off more than 7 days of rest.

the whole schedule seems weird this year. front-loaded home games. 3 early games against the division and then the last three games of the season against the division. four of our toughest non-divisional games on the road. at least we didn't get an early bye.

I'm officially worried about this game. Our record in that stadium is not good. Also our defense is not playing as well as we hoped. I don't know if it's injuries or what.

I am hopeful that ML puts together a good plan and that Pettine lights a fire under the guys in the middle. Then we'll see how it all shakes out.

Last edited:
This is a big game. I'm not fond of the term "trap game," but I guarantee you that the Chefs will be on fire. Whoever they have qb'ing will be prepared to get the ball to their talent and let them go. Huge test for all facets: Defense must make some stops, Offense must score to put pressure on Chefs offense to keep up, Special teams must not screw up. Tall order and what must happen every week - Mr. Obvious. I think we should be aiming to put another 42 on the board

For the first time since his turf toe injury Sept. 26, Davante Adams has a chance to play Sunday night. Although officially he was a non-participant in practice Wednesday, he went through the team stretch and warm-up for the first time. Then, along with a member of the medical staff, he went inside to test several different pairs of shoes. When asked if Adams found one that will work, coach Matt LaFleur said: "Yeah, I hope so." Then LaFleur added: "I think it could go right up to game time, to be truthful. I'm not quite sure where we're at right there with him right now." -- Rob Demovsky

I'm officially worried about this game. Our record in that stadium is not good. Also our defense is not playing as well as we hoped. I don't know if it's injuries or what.

I am hopeful that ML puts together a good plan and that Pettine likes a fire under the guys in the middle. Then we'll see how it all shakes out.

Really more a matter of their record against the Chiefs is not good. Eliminating the first two games (Super Bowl with no real home team and the subsequent tie), they're 2-4 as visitor, 1-3 at home.

Packers need to be working hard on silent count this week in practice they won't be able to hear many calls.

Packers need to be working hard on silent count this week in practice they won't be able to hear many calls.
perhaps; but when I lived in KC, I went to the game in 2011; there were a LOT of Packer fans, so the noise wasn't as deafening as it can be there.

Back