Murphy says not time for a change

Honestly, Capers gone is the one I expect... Will we be happy with the replacement? Time will tell. While the coaching is frustrating, I still think the lack of depth has led us to this point. The bottom is falling out.
Lack of depth falls squarely on Ted "The Guru" Thompson's shoulders.

If you read Murphy's comments, it's like we've talked about, he turns everything related to football over to the football people during the season. When it's off season, he steps in, and makes decisions from his level. That keeps anyone from speculating that he interferes with the football program.

I believe there will be a small number of assistant coaches fired after this season. It's even a remote possibility that Capers gets the axe. I don't think that will happen though, because - I believe - he has two years left on his contract. Either way, he's going to be in the booth for 2017, unless he decides he wants to pull the plug, and asks them to dump him, with a buyout. If I was one of the lower assistants on defense, I'd be checking out U-Haul trailer prices, because there's a very strong chance I'm going to be packing and going. My resume would already be in my computer, ready to be sent out by hitting one button. They will find someone, or more, to sacrifice.

Like it or not, we should respect the fact that Murphy has this strength of mission, where he can keep his priorities straight. Nothing is worse than a rudderless ship towards the end of the season. After it's over? Hang on! It's going to be a bumpy ride, and the leash for Thompson and McCarthy is going to be real short. We can expect Thompson to make moves for next year, that we've never seen him do. He's going to know it's; "Win, or go home."

Interesting!
Curious though, you haven't even listed Head Coach Mike McCarthy. Shocked(Shocked(Shocked(

Because it's fairly clear that's not gonna happen. Though Wilde, Chmura, et. al. say that if the team doesn't win another game there's a sizable chance that they could can MM

What if we win one game: the Bears?

I don't know if it had so much to do with the total losses, but that we had so many in a row.

If we were to win that game 220-0 then I think the BOD/Murphy would feel good enough to keep the pair.

The odds of beating the bears and CM getting an Int has gone down now that Cutler is hurt and out

I don't know if it had so much to do with the total losses, but that we had so many in a row.

If we were to win that game 220-0 then I think the BOD/Murphy would feel good enough to keep the pair.

I doubt TT and MM are going anywhere either. Now, if 2017 is a repeat all bets are off. I suspect they're gonna ask Capers to "retire" at the end of this season and let him go that way instead of handing him a pink slip.

The odds of beating the bears and CM getting an Int has gone down now that Cutler is hurt and out

If we think our injury issues are bad we got nothin' on Chicago. They list 13 guys just on their IR.

Back