McCarthy to Lacy: Get your fat butt in shape or you won't play

Lacy is not fat. He is big boned.

The biggest problem I see with all of this is it is 30 weeks since training camp and now MM decides to talk about Lacy's weight? All year he said Lacy's weight isn't an issue and now he outs him to the media? Why didn't he keep it in house?

because obviously Lacy didn't listen when he kept it in house.... Plus no matter what you don't want controversy during a season. Now that season is over he can talk a bit more freely.

Wonder what the staff does come April and OTC and if Lacy shows up still heavy. Lacy needs to drop about 30-40 pounds and that could be hard to do in 6 months unless he drastically changes his diet and excerices 5-6 days a week.

Wont surprise me if they draft another RB. He's under contract next year regardless so won't cut him, but could be his last shot to start. I really don't know. Seems like he's never had to work remotely as hard as he's going to have to do this offseason if he wants a longer NFL career.

Wonder what the staff does come April and OTC and if Lacy shows up still heavy. Lacy needs to drop about 30-40 pounds and that could be hard to do in 6 months unless he drastically changes his diet and excerices 5-6 days a week.

30-40lbs? That would have Lacy at 265-275 right now. I don't think he is that big. I'd be willing to bet 20-25 pounds and that is nothing to lose that in 4 months. The real question is can he do it or will he do it? I'd be fine with Lacy coming back at 235-240 if that was truly what he weighed his rookie year. He is listed at 234 with the team.

30-40lbs? That would have Lacy at 265-275 right now. I don't think he is that big. I'd be willing to bet 20-25 pounds and that is nothing to lose that in 4 months. The real question is can he do it or will he do it? I'd be fine with Lacy coming back at 235-240 if that was truly what he weighed his rookie year. He is listed at 234 with the team.

30-40 pounds in 6 months is nothing to a pro athlete with access to top level trainers...

only about 1.5 pounds a week...

30-40 pounds in 6 months is nothing to a pro athlete with access to top level trainers...

only about 1.5 pounds a week...
I agree CD, I just don't think he is that big. I don't see 260-275 pounds out of Lacy and I don't want him weighing less than when he came in. I'm sure there is 20-25 to lose.

I agree CD, I just don't think he is that big. I don't see 260-275 pounds out of Lacy and I don't want him weighing less than when he came in. I'm sure there is 20-25 to lose.

Heard a rumor a around November or December that he was at least 260. If true I would like to see him playing around 225-230

And really we aren't talking about weight as much as we are body fat.. As long as he brings his BF% down. he can lose 25 pounds of fat and add 10 of muscle and only lose 15 overall. But he'd still be quicker and stronger for it.

Heard a rumor a around November or December that he was at least 260. If true I would like to see him playing around 225-230

You rely on rumors too much. Even at 260 that is only 25 lbs. over his ideal weight of 235 that he played at his rookie year. Bottom line is he has to get into shape, preferably a shape other than round.

Not just weight but it's shape and conditioning. That 61 yard run was very telling. He got gassed faster than a big DL returning a fumble. And I'm not talking about JJ Watt here - though that should be a fair comparison, since we're comparing DL to RB. He's plain flabby and out of shape. Lots of work ahead for Eddie.

Back