McCarthy to Lacy: Get your fat butt in shape or you won't play

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...pe-up-or-ship-out/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Fat Eddie needs to put down the cheeseburger and hit the gym. While a in shape RB will score on that run he had Fat Eddie is so out of shape he is easily run down before the endzone.

Except his OL was beat up and playing on fumes the 2nd half... was Lacy bigger this year? Yes was that the only reason they had issues ? No and once Big daddy started calling plays they went back to abandoning the run and trying to sling it to win it... Sorry, but lard ass MM ( see that goes both ways coach) need to look in the mirror before he opens his big yap.

Well Mark, people have been asking MM to be more frank and truthful in his press conferences. Can't have it both ways. Can't tell him to say "something" other than the usual cliches' but at the same time sugar-coat Lacy's weight issue as he did all season. I would agree that there were multiple issues at work here, the line and play-calling among them, but MM was correct in stating that Eddie needs to get his weight and conditioning under control. MM didn't call Eddie "fat", that was GBP. MM simply stated that Eddie had an off-season conditioning issue and needs to work on it - which is true. If you plan to give Eddie more carries then he better be in better shape or there is no point.

Listing to the radio on way to work they were going over this and read off many tweets Lacy made about going and eating fast food. Maybe Lacy is addicted to fast food. I said before and will say again I think it's in the Packers and Lacy's best interest to hire a personal trainer that leaves near him and figure out a diet and workout plan for him and have the trainer work with him on it every week during the off-season.

Listing to the radio on way to work they were going over this and read off many tweets Lacy made about going and eating fast food. Maybe Lacy is addicted to fast food. I said before and will say again I think it's in the Packers and Lacy's best interest to hire a personal trainer that leaves near him and figure out a diet and workout plan for him and have the trainer work with him on it every week during the off-season.
They have trainers and nutrition guys on staff. This is not Romper Room. Take responsibility and get in shape oh and he would not be the first player to get a combo meal

Lacy is not fat. He is big boned.

The biggest problem I see with all of this is it is 30 weeks since training camp and now MM decides to talk about Lacy's weight? All year he said Lacy's weight isn't an issue and now he outs him to the media? Why didn't he keep it in house?

Lacy is not fat. He is big boned.

The biggest problem I see with all of this is it is 30 weeks since training camp and now MM decides to talk about Lacy's weight? All year he said Lacy's weight isn't an issue and now he outs him to the media? Why didn't he keep it in house?

Maybe he was harping on Lacy all year in house to get in shape and is tired that it did not work so he's trying public shaming?

I disagree with your take, Mark. All season MM kept this in house. All preseason and TC he kept it in house. He talked to Lacy about this first before saying anything to the media. Everyone in the world knew this was an issue and MM looked dopey denying it all year but he was trying to protect his player. Now the year is over and he's telling the truth. Yes the OL was banged up and it caused harm to the running game. But how do those OL feel when they're playing with torn shoulders and ligaments and bad backs and knees and getting shot up to do so, and their star running back, the guy they're putting it on the line for, is as jiggly and jolly as Santa on December 26.

Overall in the PC I thought MM admitted to a lot of mistakes of his own doing. He also called out some players and the FO for their glaring failures but IMO didn't do it in a disrespectful way. Looking back at the year he's lamenting his own screw ups (handling OL injuries/LT, play calling, scheme) and the personnel issues that derailed the season.

What Eddie will look like if he does not get his weight under control by next TC.

5255%20-%20kamala%20wwe.png

My biggest issue back when I was playing competitively was keeping my weight up. I didn't always hit the weights very hard, and it drove the coaches nuts (which is probably why I didn't play more in college) but I figured if I could keep myself between 175 and 185 that would do it at 4.3 speed, all game. I ran 50 miles a week during the offseason (which, coincidentally, was also track season) around 15 miles a week during the season, worked the farm when I could, swam during the winter about 3x a week (when I was also wrestling, which is phenomenal for cardio and balance, all kids should wrestle if they're not playing bball during the winter), and was just really fit.

I had the typical "slim, white athlete" body. Not a whole lot of muscle definition, but I could run.

Of course, now that I don't workout, run as much, have two kids, a busy full-time job, and don't play any type of sport on the reg (I "retired" from playing competitive football when the Mustangs folded before the 2014 season, but I figured I'd give the NFL draft a shot. I didn't get any TC offers, so I 'retired' from that, too) I don't have any problems getting up to the 205 they always listed me at :)

Back