Is The Packers OL Better?

In my world, which is usually hallucinogenic and way off based, but there needs to be a reset. Not sure if it ever happens but it'll take a few teams, fanbases etc., to turn away from this and let some of these players walk to other franchises in hopes those franchises strap themselves in the future. It may be a revolving door where some teams will dabble in it every 4 years after they clean up the wreckage but at some point, a reckoning will happen. In my limited thinking, I just can't see how teams will continue to afford those types of guaranteed contracts. You, FlaPack, Mark and others can speak with more knowledge on the cap, ramifications etc., so it'll be interesting to see what everyone thinks as far as if this is sustainable long term for most teams.
Teams have manipulated the cap for years. What became problematic was that during Covid the cap did not go up as it had in previous years. And when you already have players under deals that have escalators in their deals, fitting everyone became impossible unless you kicked the can down road.

GB was one of the few teams that used roster bonuses to “guarantee” money and not build in void years. That changed when Rodgers reworked his deal. In some ways it’s the price of success

Teams have manipulated the cap for years. What became problematic was that during Covid the cap did not go up as it had in previous years. And when you already have players under deals that have escalators in their deals, fitting everyone became impossible unless you kicked the can down road.

GB was one of the few teams that used roster bonuses to “guarantee” money and not build in void years. That changed when Rodgers reworked his deal. In some ways it’s the price of success
Going to be eaiser to play with the cap as big increases coming with new TV money meaning eaiser to kick money back each year

Going to be eaiser to play with the cap as big increases coming with new TV money meaning eaiser to kick money back each year
Sure at some point it was going to balance out. Most of the new money is accounted for except Sunday Ticket so the increases will be similar to “normal” years

Sure at some point it was going to balance out. Most of the new money is accounted for except Sunday Ticket so the increases will be similar to “normal” years
GB main issue is about 3 years from now after Rodgers and several others are gone

Bak interview on what happened the second time...he did retear it somehow>>

So I’m practicing, I’m trying to be very positive about what’s going on but I’m thinking ‘Something’s definitely going on with my knee.’ I’m doing stretch and I can barely fucking bend it. I’m trying not to admit that it’s probably a little more swollen than yesterday but I’m like ‘Yeah, no big deal.’ I’m practicing and I can barely move around. Next thing you know I say ‘Nope, I’m done. I can’t do this.’

We ended up draining it. I’d been draining it for a while. I know it’s not the best thing, repeatedly going into your knee. To be clear, it was my choice, because I just wanted to play. But I must have done it around 15 times throughout the season.

We drained it that week, I had 96 ccs of fluid in my knee. To give you an idea, that’s a little bit less than four ounces of fluid in my knee. So there’s obviously an issue.

We scan it, and ended up finding that I ripped up some cartialidge in a new spot.
How was Dr. McKenzie through all this?

Doc made it very clear - I’m not going to put you out there and let you do anything that’s going to impact you long term. We want you for three years, not three games.

It’s just tough when the answer is the one answer you don’t want to hear: Don’t play football for a while.

I was so pissed off. I wanted my MRI sent to ElAttrache. (Editors note: Dr. Neal ElAttrache is an orthopaedic surgeon and Head Team Physician for the Los Angeles Dodgers and the Los Angeles Rams) I’m going into McKenzie’s office almost every day saying “What the Frig is going on?”
So you end up having a new scope on November 18th.

So we went in with the scope and I had a little defect in my trochlear groove, they cut that and smoothed that out while they were in there.

I was also complaining constantly about this lateral side of my knee, I had this huge scar tissue band that was restricting me, so they cut that. Behind my knee on the fat pad I had a scar tissue that was rubbing on the cartilage which ended up ripping a little bit of that cartilage and they cut that out. After all that, I feel so much better.

Now it feels a lot better, but now the issue is that I didn’t get over my first surgery and now I’ve had two surgerys in a calendar year. I’ve got bruising all over my knee.

So a year from the second procedure is Nov 18th, if he gets back 100% by week 6 or so consider yourselves lucky.
It's all the things we talked about Mark. If you went back to what you and I were discussing, we are seeing that being played out in the medical terms Bak is using. We seen it coming. Next up, as I've said before, concerns of blood flow to that meniscal area, which is always a concern in anybody, but more so in a football player with prior surgery. As I said before, look for the word arthrofibrosis at some point but to be honest, looking at Baks comments, he's already been exhibiting it.

Back