Chmura Speaks Out aka What The Hell Is Really Going on

Example of MM goofy ways again today at his presser :

Just me but those statements just stink of a coach trying to BS his way through.

He's flailing. His system isn't working and he doesn't have a fix, he can't admit his well laid plans are going down the drain. Players sense he's lost and as with any group dynamic without a strong, clear, focused direction from management you're going to lose people and start being tested/doubted.

You're gonna be able to use this years Packers as a case study in group management/dynamics when all is said and done.

If half of this stuff is true it's time for MM to go. You can replace coaches and find a new one tomorrow. You cannot find franchise QBs as easily.

I get the frustration with McCarthy. But why in the Wide World of Sports does Ted Thompson get a hall pass. He is responsible for constructing this mess. On both sides of the ball. Now to be fair injuries played a big part here.

Out for a good chunk of time. Your number 1 WR. You sign James Jones who has shown more times than not why he was released by Oakland an NY. Your numberv3 guy is pedestrian. Your best depth Montgomery is out. The tight end situation is a circus. Your OL is a quagmire. On defense no ILB. Peppers is playing like he's ready to retire to Del Boca Vista and your other ILB has the speed and quickness of King Kong bundy.

In many ways it's a miracle this team us 10-6. You saw Sunday the disparity in speed quickness and overall talent. That's on Ted Thompson. Is Mc Carthy part of the problem hell yes. But so is each position coach. And so is Ted Thompson. Lack of quality depth.

Listening to former players download on the staff this week is a very telling sign that something isn't right. To be honest the teams body language has been off for weeks. The next 3 weeks or so will tell you everything you need to know about the makeup of this franchise right now.

Example of MM goofy ways again today at his presser :

Just me but those statements just stink of a coach trying to BS his way through.

Mark, that was exactly what I was talking about. It's totally contradictory. His pressers are all babble.

He's a man without a clue, and has been for years. It's the same babbling nonsense he's been spouting for 3 or 4 seasons, but as long as the team was mostly winning, people just joked about it. Now more and more people are starting to see that this "pad level, pad level, pad level" crap he parrots every Sunday, and the his constant spouting off of non-answers like "we have to get back to emphasizing fundamentals this week" and "that information has not been communicated to me yet" is just the desperate chattering of a man who doesn't know what else to say because he has no clue at all what is happening around him or what to do about it.

Great topic and many good thoughts. I just know something isn't right anymore. This team has been out of it for the majority of the season. If we do a one and done then TT/MM need to rethink their "program"

And Rodgers needs to STFU and play. He's paid to play football not coach football. I am fed up with his pompous ass attitude. Yes there are coaching issues but fact is this team has had a good run with this staff. But players need to be held accountable for what they do on the field AND how they lead in the locker room and sidelines. Rodgers is a SB winning qb. An MVP. He shows the leadership of a rookie on the Practice squad.

A few players have a sense on entitlement on this team and Rodgers is the leader of that Pack. These guys are professional football players. Shut up and play

I couldn't agree more, except I wouldn't use the term "entitlement." What I see more is a lack of professionalism and maturity.

As you say, McCarthy is paid to coach and Rodgers is paid to play. If he's got a problem with the way his boss is doing his job, well - welcome to Planet Earth, Mr. Rodgers. Join the club. 95% of the working world has problems at some point with the way their boss is doing their job, and part of being a grownup is learning how to handle that situation when it comes up. The fact that you're being paid eleventy-billion dollars a year to play a kid's game doesn't mean you're somehow exempt from having to learn how to work effectively and professionally with your co-workers and supervisors, and resolve your differences in an adult manner.

You're not just being paid to throw a football, you're being paid to lead a group of men who are looking to you to set an example. And IMO, you ought to be ashamed of the example you've been setting. If you and they are not satisfied with where the team finds itself today, it's your job to find a way to lead them to a better place and a better team dynamic. If you're not able or willing to do that, then you're in the wrong line of work, because you're not man enough to do the job you're being paid to do. Take a long, hard look in the mirror before you throw your next little snitfit when the guy you never should have thrown the ball to in the first place can't hang onto the pass.

Last edited:
To throw out a different view/opinion/speculation on the Arod/MM thing....

Arod has often said he admires the control someone like Manning/Brady have over their offenses in terms of game and play calling. He's (and his ego) are at the point in his career where he thinks he can do that. However MM would never cede control like that of his offense...

Arod wants more control as other elite QB's do. Both Manning and Brady are really partners in their offensive scheming with the HC/OC... The dynamic between MM and Arod seems to be a step below that. More along the lines of "here's our gameplan Arod, you might be able to adjust the play once I've called it and given you the personnel grouping, but I create the gameplan and I call the plays"

Might explain the tension between the two. Arod wants to take that next step and really take over (and thinks he can improve things).. MM can't give up that much control.

I've never seen much of anything (except for maybe some lip service) that makes me think MM would be receptive to Arod gaining as much control as a Manning or Brady. And Arod may think he's ready to.

All the different perspectives have truth to them. I'd like to give a pro-con on some of them.

MMs ego- You should be confident, but he has become inflexible. If you can't roll with the changes, then 9-10 years is long enough. I believe he has lost the team. Time for a change.

Arod's ego- You really see his frustration showing through this year. When you're winning you have 'swagger' when you're losing it's called 'arrogance'. He's not going anywhere, like someone mentioned 'franchise QBs are hard to find'. He IS a franchise QB.

TTs job- He is frustrating with his refusal to utilize FA to patch holes. Just forget about the compensation picks one year and hire some help! He is frustratingly faithful to 'His' board. The fact remains that we are perennial playoff contenders while drafting later than 80% of the rest of the league. He admits to feeling burned out lately, might be time to go.

Coaches? To me this is may be the biggest concern for a 'draft and develop' environment. We've complained about the WRs all year, BUT THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE A COACH! Insanity. There doesn't seem to be any fire or passion on the field and that is a direct reflection of leadership (or lack of).

I don't think we are as bad as we've played (always our worst on national TV!).
I think a change of direction has enough talent here for immediate success. I'm hoping for an " Infusion of Attitude".

Back