Chmura Speaks Out aka What The Hell Is Really Going on

I agree with a lot of these posts; however, I just do not see anything happening unless TT and MM leave on their own accord. I don't see this Board or Murphy firing either one of them because we have had too much success in the last 10 years.

Unfortunately, this will waste AR's remaining years with the Packers or with the NFL as a whole. Like I have said before, I feel the next 3-4 years are going to be down for the Packers due to not wanting to make a change. I hope I am incorrect about the podo( storm that is coming.tc(

I agree with a lot of these posts; however, I just do not see anything happening unless TT and MM leave on their own accord. I don't see this Board or Murphy firing either one of them because we have had too much success in the last 10 years.

Unfortunately, this will waste AR's remaining years with the Packers or with the NFL as a whole. Like I have said before, I feel the next 3-4 years are going to be down for the Packers due to not wanting to make a change. I hope I am incorrect about the podo( storm that is coming.tc(

I don't think you're incorrect. Tickets selling, merchandise selling, seat are full, 10 years of relative success and a Super Bowl win is always a good recipe in Green Bay for allowing the coaching staff several chances at getting it right. I think it will take many losing seasons in order for something to happen.

Bottom line. I don't care who the coach is talent wins in this league. Did Coughlin or Payton get dumb in a year or 2? No. Look at Wade Phillips. Did he get smaet overnight? I have said for years that much of the talent on this roster was oversold an 12 bailed this team out. Fast forward to this year. Your number 1 weapon at wr goes out and your franchise qb has a average year. That along with injuries, questionable depth gives you the perfect storm. Look at the years this team had deep runs. 12 played at a historic level.

Look at the team leadership we lost. Look at the playmakers we have not replaced. In neither case has that been replaced. This team is flawed., talent wise.

The only way this gets fixed is an influx of depth. 1-2 more legitimate playmakers and someone to become a locker room leader. I don't care if it's McCarthy Payton or Whoever here it's the same. As much as fans are spoiled so is the organization but they fell n love with draft and develop and missed on too many

McCarthy has his flaws. No question. But Ted Thompson has more

Bottom line. I don't care who the coach is talent wins in this league. Did Coughlin or Payton get dumb in a year or 2? No. Look at Wade Phillips. Did he get smaet overnight? I have said for years that much of the talent on this roster was oversold an 12 bailed this team out. Fast forward to this year. Your number 1 weapon at wr goes out and your franchise qb has a average year. That along with injuries, questionable depth gives you the perfect storm. Look at the years this team had deep runs. 12 played at a historic level.

Look at the team leadership we lost. Look at the playmakers we have not replaced. In neither case has that been replaced. This team is flawed., talent wise.

The only way this gets fixed is an influx of depth. 1-2 more legitimate playmakers and someone to become a locker room leader. I don't care if it's McCarthy Payton or Whoever here it's the same. As much as fans are spoiled so is the organization but they fell n love with draft and develop and missed on too many

Agree to a point but talent alone can not win FB games. That's been tried by many FA/Draft hoarders. It takes talent plus a well balanced staff to win a SB plus some luck. Just adding some depth and a play maker isn't going to fix the other intangibles.

I think our talent is flawed (sorry score) along the Offense and defensive lines as far as depth and let me remind all of you coming out of camp I said if they had to use those rookie corners a lot it would be ugly at times and it has been.

Again stand by original post as to what is the core reason behind this teams issues.

It seems to me that this has been building over the last 3 years. Once we cracked in the NFC title game this teams mojo was lost. TT/MM are a piece of the issue but to really fix it you almost have to blow it up and rebuild. That statement rubs a lot of people the wrong way but truthfully we have had a long long run at some point it becomes reality.sb(tc(

Amen to that.. Think back to the last SB team... Driver, Jennings, Clifton, Wells, Picket, Jenkins, Woodson, Collins, Barnett, Hawk, Bishop...

GB has come nowhere near replacing that leadership.

i'm just as disappointed with the way this season has turned out as anyone else on this forum, but i have to keep reminding myself that we are 10-5 and only five teams have a better record than we do. if one were to read the comments in this thread without knowing the packers place in the standings, one would think that we are a bottom-feeder that is vying for the first pick in the draft. perspective is sorely lacking. seven straight seasons in the playoffs, four straight division titles (on the verge of five), a two-time nfl mvp at the helm (who is in the midst of his worst year but still has 30 tds vs 7 ints) . . .

honestly, that level of sustained success does not (and should not) result in people losing their jobs. all the teeth gnashing and talk of getting rid of general managers or head coaches or trading away franchise qbs. i mean, seriously? this isn't madden, where you can start over and be a superbowl winner in a day. we have the basis or nucleus of a strong championship caliber team. we have had some very unfortunate injuries and our second and third string replacements for those players have not stepped up to the challenge. but this team is not a bottom-feeder.

Agree for the most part RB. I remember when Ray Rhodes was fired after his one year at 8-8. Wolff didn't like the direction the team had taken. I think we are at crossroads with the current regime. Is it better to happen a year early or a year late? All it would take is for TT to retire. The new GM would probably want his own coach. The worst part of this year IMO is how rough the offense has played. We've been spoiled with some of the best QB play in history and when the guy shows he's human we (the board) maybe overreact a bit. A lot of teams would kill to get a QB with 30 TDs and 7 Ints. We want more.

i'm just as disappointed with the way this season has turned out as anyone else on this forum, but i have to keep reminding myself that we are 10-5 and only five teams have a better record than we do. if one were to read the comments in this thread without knowing the packers place in the standings, one would think that we are a bottom-feeder that is vying for the first pick in the draft. perspective is sorely lacking. seven straight seasons in the playoffs, four straight division titles (on the verge of five), a two-time nfl mvp at the helm (who is in the midst of his worst year but still has 30 tds vs 7 ints) . . .

honestly, that level of sustained success does not (and should not) result in people losing their jobs. all the teeth gnashing and talk of getting rid of general managers or head coaches or trading away franchise qbs. i mean, seriously? this isn't madden, where you can start over and be a superbowl winner in a day. we have the basis or nucleus of a strong championship caliber team. we have had some very unfortunate injuries and our second and third string replacements for those players have not stepped up to the challenge. but this team is not a bottom-feeder.

Just some observations from the other side (quick, in case these have been covered here in depth, as they have been on other forums).

Yes, they are 10-5, but it's 4-5 since the great start, and conventional wisdom is that the teams with the hot hand going into the playoffs are the ones to fear.

Yes, lots of regular season wins, division titles, and playoff (appearances). Is that a sustained level of success? Obviously better than losing, but for those of us who feel that 31 teams fail every year, seasons like 2011 and 2014 offset a whole bunch of other wins.

The 2xMVP QB isn't playing anything like that, and the low INT rate is something that many feel is a detriment (i.e., won't risk it, even for the potential of a big gain). Our old buddy, #4, was a 3xMVP, threw tons of INTs, but won the same number of SBs and probably didn't break our backs much more.

It's interesting to me to consider whether players themselves, like Rodgers, get in a funk where if things don't work like they did the previous year, for whatever reason (too many injuries, not enough remaining talent, too much inexeperience) that they play worse because they press, or because they can't shake their frustrations. I'm not suggesting that anyone like Rodgers be super happy about what has happened this year, but I have to imagine you have to have a lot of mental toughness to see what has transpired with the offense this year, and see no fix forthcoming. Not being able to shake frustration, or having disagreement about how to go about fixing the issues within the building might just be leading to more frustrations.

That's the part of this that we'll never really know, but I have to figure it contributes somehow, and if the leaders can really circle the wagons and show the team that it's still right there in front of them, then they can recover what's left to be played. The fact that they have haven't been able to do it to this point is the million dollar question as to why.

If OL block long enough, if running backs read cut back lanes well enough, if receivers get open enough, if the QB has time enough, the team has a shot. It's still about execution and a lot of IF'S.

Back