BYU football deal could test limits of new NIL system

Rest assured, Texas, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, and Georgia will insure they establish rules that work out best for their football programs in state. It's in their DNA.
Well that ship has sailed, just read some of the differences between the states you just mentioned

The laws can be rewritten.
That will be years down the road and basically what the differences are, they are basically minor. Like use of marks and rights. The Florida law is the best written from what I have reviewed. Now the Texas law not including HS kids (Ewers situation) is the real pressing issue

J.T. Daniels received consent from Georgia to use the school's marks in connection with his Zaxbys deal. Basically pass thru rights

Zaxby's has a sponsorship agreement with UGA. This drives significant extra value for the brand. Not allowed in certain states (i.e. South CarolinaF5780DF5-4E60-49A9-9785-587884685F2A.jpeg

Last edited:
I 100% disagree. The grey area is is with this BYU thing if its play for pay and thats between the school and NCAA
I still think there will be a deal that at some point in state law or schools rules is questionable if it's legal or not

J.T. Daniels received consent from Georgia to use the school's marks in connection with his Zaxbys deal. Basically pass thru rights

Zaxby's has a sponsorship agreement with UGA. This drives significant extra value for the brand. Not allowed in certain states (i.e. South CarolinaView attachment 375
Free chicken for life! LOL

That will be years down the road and basically what the differences are, they are basically minor. Like use of marks and rights. The Florida law is the best written from what I have reviewed. Now the Texas law not including HS kids (Ewers situation) is the real pressing issue
I am not sure if high schoolers aka minors should be allowed to get invovled yet.

Back