BYU football deal could test limits of new NIL system

Yeah and then some kid with a lawyer will challenge it in court. At some point it will happen now do they win in court is another thing.
Challenge what ? That the law is unconstitutional? Please. Win? Won’t ever see a trial

Some of these kids, if they have resourceful agents, and have talent, are going to be making a good chunk of change long before they hit the pros. I think we'll even see some entering the portal, to play somewhere else, where "the deal offered" is better than what they have now. Gonna be a lot of mercenaries out there.

Some of these kids, if they have resourceful agents, and have talent, are going to be making a good chunk of change long before they hit the pros. I think we'll even see some entering the portal, to play somewhere else, where "the deal offered" is better than what they have now. Gonna be a lot of mercenaries out there.
Some may transfer but thats also a bit of fools gold. The numbers at least now support that the compensation is not the 5 and 6 figures that some in the media were speculating. I do know some brands are feeling their way thru it now, hence lack to big deals.

Some may transfer but thats also a bit of fools gold. The numbers at least now support that the compensation is not the 5 and 6 figures that some in the media were speculating. I do know some brands are feeling their way thru it now, hence lack to big deals.
Build it and they will come.

The deals will be coming.

Based on conversations I have had I am not convinced. Most of these kids have no name recognition beyond their fan based, its not national exposure, in most cases you cant use any IP (logos, marks) so it limits what you can do. The 1% might haul in 5 figures but its the exception

Not all HS kids are minors. And if they are all they need is parent approval.
HS kids though should they be really be getting sponsorship deals? How many HS kids are that well known?

I think the big deals will be far adn few inbetween. You will be probalby be able to count on one hand kids that get them.

Back