2024 Draft Thread

He also shied away from them when he picked Josh Myers over Creed Humphrey and bit the team in the ass
Packers biggest issue on OL is that they have it in their heads their OL need to be able to play more then one spot on OL. Coming out of draft Humphrey was to be a pure OC. Myers was thought to be able to play OC and OG.

Packers biggest issue on OL is that they have it in their heads their OL need to be able to play more then one spot on OL. Coming out of draft Humphrey was to be a pure OC. Myers was thought to be able to play OC and OG.
that was a big miss but what they do has largely worked for them

I think athleticism is important up to a point. I'm not super worried about Kinchens though I think the Packers might be. Ignoring the speed and athletic testing has hurt them in not taking guys they should have, but also has burned them when they've ignored the numbers. Amari Rodgers, Josh Jackson and Quentin Rollins are a few examples. I'm sure this keeps GM's and personnel people up at night.

That said I'm not going to say Kinchens lack of speed doesn't bother me at all. You just have to be convinced that all the other stuff he does well makes up for not having top end speed. I'll be reading up more on him from people who know better than me (like Mark) to try and get a better feel for him.

RAS is a nice way to put a simple number to things and it doesn't say it all. Reed is a nice example. His RAS was low because he was regarded as being undersized. He actually ran a 4.45 which is a very solid time.
FWIW I thought Kinchens was actually pretty fast and explosive in the drills and had noticeably soft hands in the gauntlet drill. All hands, nothing on his body.

i believe the numbers mean something, but you also have to analyze game film and i think that should be given more weight in the final decision on whether a player is right for the team.

No matter who's on the board, if Kinchens is available when the Packers pick, he's gotta be the guy. What he has to offer, and what the Packers need most, is right there in front of them.

The problem is, I believe his draft stock has risen, and he'll be gone at least 10 picks earlier.

My dad was a HS HC and then went on to coach defense at a small private college, he used to say that being fast and playing fast are two different things. Sometimes the guy that plays fast is a lot better then guy with pure wheels because they use technique and instincts to compensate for average speed and end up making more plays..the guy with wheels sometimes that's all he has. sh))tc(

My dad was a HS HC and then went on to coach defense at a small private college, he used to say that being fast and playing fast are two different things. Sometimes the guy that plays fast is a lot better then guy with pure wheels because they use technique and instincts to compensate for average speed and end up making more plays..the guy with wheels sometimes that's all he has. sh))tc(
Exactly the point I was making. Your Dad knew what he was talking about. I think this is true in almost every sport. It may sound silly, but Yogi Berra said it, and even though his numbers are off, it's quiet prophetic.

Yogi said; "90% of baseball, is mental, and the other half is physical."

trying to use RAS and this other stuff is straight vodoo GBP4, every FB team has an almost set board right now. All this stat stuff is fun and all but it hardly ever pans out on draft day because it doesn't factor in the board and who goes ahead of you etc.
Truth… analytics only gets you so far. The tape never lies regardless of all that other analytics crap.

Book it GB is taking him at 25. Gute probably drooling at the thought he can get a OL to play all 5 spots.

Back