2024 Draft Thread

wow. and they didn't take any of the offers? i mean they could have traded down at least a few spots and still gotten morgan i would think.
No way to know that. And if he was in their best remaining tier of tackles then I think you just take your guy and forget about it.

Overall seems the so called experts really liked GB's day 2 draft. Few of them gave some lower marking to some of the picks. Most questionable one was one guy who gave a D to the Lloyd pick.

Gute keeps really using his top 30 visits well. 3 of the top 30 visits were draft picks and his top UDFA was also a top 30 visit. I think Gute has learned that you can't use all the top 30 visits for UDFA like Ted did and you still have to take a closer look at guys you may want to draft and get more medical checkups on them.

Overall seems the so called experts really liked GB's day 2 draft. Few of them gave some lower marking to some of the picks. Most questionable one was one guy who gave a D to the Lloyd pick.

Some of this is strange, I guess it goes down to the fact that ILB, S and RB are not considered premium positions and therefore less valuable. But those were the spots where GB needed to fill out their roster, what are they supposed to do? One guy didn't like the Cooper pick because they passed on corners - but outside Melton I dont think they were going to take any of those guys anyway. I get dinging the Quay Walker pick at No 22 overall but Cooper at 45 seems like a HR in terms of need matching value.

outside Melton I dont think they were going to take any of those guys anyway.
i thought it would be pretty cool to have bo and max on the same team, but as soon as gute traded down from 41, there was a run on corners. we'll never know what might have happened if he was still available at 45.

One thing stands out after yesterday, the Packers went after a lot of high-character guys who are hard workers or have a chip on their shoulders. Two years running Gute really went after that....this team if it gels early could be really special.
You can teach X and O you can’t teach character and drive…

Jordon Love is the perfect guy to lead these players.

Back