2024 Draft Thread

I believe Barton is a good option, if Kinchens is gone. But, even though they say he can play all five positions, that would play into their decision on drafting him. The Packer staff likes multiple position players on the offensive line particularly.

Book it GB is taking him at 25. Gute probably drooling at the thought he can get a OL to play all 5 spots.

I have to go back and look at the edge guys and DTs, but right now at 25 I have DeJean and Barton as top options for Packer types. Have to see how Barton works out tomorrow and see what DeJean is able to do over the next two months.

Interesting. Makes you wonder why Chryst never saw much in him. He was really a 3rd or 4th option.

It's part of the reason Chryst is no longer here. Even with all the games Mellusi missed, Chryst could not find a way to use a 6'1"-220# running back that can run a 4.33. Does it mean you maybe need to adjust the offense a bit to utilize his strengths, yes, but Chryst was too stubborn. Guerendo may just find a spot in the NFL.

It always bothered me when a guy made it in the NFL, and was only a marginal player with the Badgers. All I could think about was how the players skills weren't acknowledged, or explored. It's kind of how I feel about the basketball program under Gard. You've got to find ways to use talent when it's there, not stifle it.

Nice X post on everyone losing their minds over Xaiver Worthy running the fastest 40 time ever. A list of the guys to run sub 4.3 40 times. A whole lot of nothing's as players in the NFL. Outside of Chris Johnson none of them really did nothing in their career. Shows you speed does not mean much.

Wow I saw some mocks of this guy in 3rd or 4th round to GB but his RAS is not good at all.

Yup, a lot of track stars in that list of the best 40-times, but not many good football players. Testing for speed, explosion, and agility is important just to be sure you aren't an outlier, but beyond that you can't base much on the pure numbers.

There is a lot of talk about Isaac Guerendo, while he's fast he's not durable..hurt at UW twice and got hurt 3/4 of the way at Louisville... so yeah you can question PC for not using him more but he'll only ever be a situational player in the NFL and won't be an every down back might only be a ST guy....someone will overdraft because they didn't do a history.

It's the body of work and the details that teams tend to overlook.

Back