2 or 3 offseason moves could give.....

Pass rushers are like elite QBs. Hard to find. Will one or 2 guys change the dynamic of this defense maybe. But until the lack of quality depth is addressed I'm not convinced it's a drastic change

I said it off season and camp and stick with my gut... there is more then personal wrong on this football team. Until that juju changes I can't see us getting to the promised land.

With career altering injuries, concussions, and a growing trend of players retiring early so much can happen in 2-3 years that it's easy to justify "going all in" to open a 2 year window a little wider when you're this close. I would fully advocate that.

What would that mean 4 years from now? Don't know, don't really care. Our best players (Rodgers, Jordy, Clay) will be in the winter of their careers any way. Probably not winning the title at that point anyway.

Until TT leaves GB best we can hope for in FA is to sign a guy that was cut to not count against the comp pick. Though I don't know about this year I do know last year that any FA signed after May 12th did not count against the comp pick forumla. Though by then 2 months will go by in FA and tall the top talent is signed and you are looking at even past the 2nd stage of FA to the 3rd and 4th level guys that you sign to try to hope they can come and fight for a spot on the roster.

Last edited:
TT always plans for tomorrow. The problem is tomorrow never comes. You have to deal with today. Every season we hear about a disappointing pick like Perry, Jones, Raji (horribly inconsistent) , etc.. that goes something like "showed signs towards the end of the season" and "next year they'll build on this" or "showed flashes/potential" BS)Guys are not developing into the high end players GB needs them to. They're developing into something like "eh, good enough"

IMO the one area that would give GB defense a spark right away is LB. We have Matthews, and that's pretty much it. Ryan may or may not develop. But nobody else in that LB corp strikes any level of fear into an offense. note: I'm assuming Peppers is gone due to $$

But lets also address the elephant in the room. A complete lack of on field leadership. I don't care what players you get, or who TT signs or doesn't, as long as GB finds some real on field leaders. One thing that really jumped out watching the Conf Champ games and the SB is the level of emotion, pride, spark, fire, shown by the players. A team gets down or gives up a big play? Team leaders are on the sidelines jumping, screaming, pumping guys up...... In GB? More than once this season sports media reported on the lack of emotion shown by the GB players. Almost like they didn't really want to be there.

Collins, Bishop, Hawk, Woodson, Pickett, Jenkins, Clifton, Wells, Driver, Jennings.... TT has not come even close to replacing the leadership from that group. Or really the talent either. And that's why to this cynic the window has most likely closed already. It's one thing to just need a player or two, it's a whole other thing to be missing the leadership needed to keep your team together, focused, and playing hard all the way to the big game..

Collins, Bishop, Hawk, Woodson, Pickett, Jenkins, Clifton, Wells, Driver, Jennings.... TT has not come even close to replacing the leadership from that group. Or really the talent either. And that's why to this cynic the window has most likely closed already. It's one thing to just need a player or two, it's a whole other thing to be missing the leadership needed to keep your team together, focused, and playing hard all the way to the big game..

hope you are wrong, but . . .

TT always plans for tomorrow. The problem is tomorrow never comes. You have to deal with today. Every season we hear about a disappointing pick like Perry, Jones, Raji (horribly inconsistent) , etc.. that goes something like "showed signs towards the end of the season" and "next year they'll build on this" or "showed flashes/potential" BS)Guys are not developing into the high end players GB needs them to. They're developing into something like "eh, good enough"

IMO the one area that would give GB defense a spark right away is LB. We have Matthews, and that's pretty much it. Ryan may or may not develop. But nobody else in that LB corp strikes any level of fear into an offense. note: I'm assuming Peppers is gone due to $$

But lets also address the elephant in the room. A complete lack of on field leadership. I don't care what players you get, or who TT signs or doesn't, as long as GB finds some real on field leaders. One thing that really jumped out watching the Conf Champ games and the SB is the level of emotion, pride, spark, fire, shown by the players. A team gets down or gives up a big play? Team leaders are on the sidelines jumping, screaming, pumping guys up...... In GB? More than once this season sports media reported on the lack of emotion shown by the GB players. Almost like they didn't really want to be there.

Then perhaps we should trade our good players away, fire Ted and this coaching staff and start over seeing the window is practically closed and we have no leadership to speak of? Why keep a player like Rodgers around while we can still get something for him? We are just wasting his talents anyway. And Clay is not getting any younger either.

Be careful what you wish for...

Then perhaps we should trade our good players away, fire Ted and this coaching staff and start over seeing the window is practically closed and we have no leadership to speak of? Why keep a player like Rodgers around while we can still get something for him? We are just wasting his talents anyway. And Clay is not getting any younger either.

Be careful what you wish for...
Is the window closed. Not yet but close. 2 years. I personally think Thompson is an average GM. Is not aggressive filling holes via FA or trade. Has he hit on a few later round picks but has missed too much on top picks and it's beginning to show. Can't trade 12 or 52 contracts are un tradeable

If they can't make a deep run in next 2-3 years time to re build

Back