With Their 2nd Round Pick GB Selects AJ Dillon, RB, Boston College

Knowing the guy like I do, his analysis is probably pretty accurate. We can speculate about who might have been available, and wasn't, but the reality is, we have zero knowledge of what the master plan is, and how they perceive what happened, after reviewing the entire season.

And yes, they can improve their timing without practice. The more familiar you are with the playbook, and the duties of each player, the better you are at being creative, and that's a huge part of the timing of the game on offense. You need to throw to where the receiver is supposed to be, and that takes trust that he'll be there. It seemed to be lacking in most cases this past season.

From what TW's friend said, there's a couple of possible issues. I go back to the issue about timing - we all forgot that we were told to expect that to happen because of the new offense, but then when it happened many people started throwing out blame on both the WR's and AR. I'm not saying Rodgers hasn't digressed a bit, but I really don't know. But now with Danica gone maybe he can concentrate on football this year and this offense will click with the receivers we have.
Reports out he dumped Danica for a younger actress that Danica introduced to him. So he still might be not focusing on football though I think that's due to Rodgers wanting to be a social justice warrior more then a football player at this stage in his career.

One other consideration why Dillion was picked....financial. Its a hedge, and a smart one if the organization is not convinced Jones will be back in GB

As to Rodgers, he is going to be 37 this December. Age + injuries has caught up to him. One area that made him great was using his legs to create plays / buy time. 2 things that come into play here, #1 his legs don't give him the opportunity to move as well anymore. #2 his arm strength is not what It was 2 years ago. One more thing, thats really not what the offense is set up for, its more drop, read, throw.

As to WR, they just plain do not consistent separation. Its not like any of these guys were making waves pre draft, try got a couple late round picks, a couple of FA and Adams. Its just not a good group

EdekiknWkAALGMN

One other consideration why Dillion was picked....financial. Its a hedge, and a smart one if the organization is not convinced Jones will be back in GB

As to Rodgers, he is going to be 37 this December. Age + injuries has caught up to him. One area that made him great was using his legs to create plays / buy time. 2 things that come into play here, #1 his legs don't give him the opportunity to move as well anymore. #2 his arm strength is not what It was 2 years ago. One more thing, thats really not what the offense is set up for, its more drop, read, throw.

As to WR, they just plain do not consistent separation. Its not like any of these guys were making waves pre draft, try got a couple late round picks, a couple of FA and Adams. Its just not a good group
I think ML wants to be like SF have a bunch of RBs that he can use and not having one dominate guy that way he can not worry about only having to pay one guy big money if he has 2 or 3 that are sharing duties.

Reports out he dumped Danica for a younger actress that Danica introduced to him. So he still might be not focusing on football though I think that's due to Rodgers wanting to be a social justice warrior more then a football player at this stage in his career.
Where do you come up with this stuff?

Like everyone has said. He's getting older, it's a new system to him, it is very hard to change your game from what you've been used to (even if he didn't like MMs system). It's not a huge system change no, but Arod has always seemed like a creature of habit. And even small changes greatly affect those types. Arod has always been big on trust and only really focusing on receivers he trusts. And he only trusts Adams. Mistrust leads to hesitation. So does getting the snot beat out of you because of poor OL play. And it only takes a slight hesitation to blow up a play.

There is a lot that enters into this. It isn't one or the other. It's the whole ball of wax. The question is will it get worked out, and how long do you have to wait for Love if the team can't figure out how to get Arod and the WR up to speed and on the same page.

Lombardi had a number he believed in. 51. He believed it represented the number of wins in one on one confrontations you need for every 100 encounters out there. You needed to win 51 of them. If you did, your team would win.

He never expected perfection, but you practiced for it because it guaranteed you were fully prepared. That's kind of where I see LeFleur taking this offense right now. He wants that slight edge, and to get there, he wants a balance between the run game and passing. Of course we hear that all the time, and very few teams actually achieve that balance. It's a pass oriented game, and if you fall behind, you need to air it out. End of game plan. Yet, until you fall behind, you keep going for it.

Maybe LeFleur and company don't see Rodgers as the type of QB who will have the patience to work with a run first offense? It's hard to say. But I do know that the passing game will be better than last year, despite thoughts to the contrary. Of course I'm saying better based on relative value to the rest of the league. As far as real gains, not so much. We won't see that much advancement around the league.

I think ML wants to be like SF have a bunch of RBs that he can use and not having one dominate guy that way he can not worry about only having to pay one guy big money if he has 2 or 3 that are sharing duties.
They used 3 RB more out of necessity, only one guy played all 16. Yes I do believe he wants to be a bit more run heavy but when your #1 RB very likely will test the market you need a hedge. As I said previously if one of WR was on the board Dillion was not going to be the pick

Only way I make sense of this pick is that they think he can make a Derrick Henry type impact, and fast. Otherwise it goes against nearly every bit of football lore and logic under the sun.

The good news is that RBs can make an immediate impact as rookies, as long as he’s not a compete a-hole like Dexter Williams last year.

Where do you come up with this stuff?

Like everyone has said. He's getting older, it's a new system to him, it is very hard to change your game from what you've been used to (even if he didn't like MMs system). It's not a huge system change no, but Arod has always seemed like a creature of habit. And even small changes greatly affect those types. Arod has always been big on trust and only really focusing on receivers he trusts. And he only trusts Adams. Mistrust leads to hesitation. So does getting the snot beat out of you because of poor OL play. And it only takes a slight hesitation to blow up a play.

There is a lot that enters into this. It isn't one or the other. It's the whole ball of wax. The question is will it get worked out, and how long do you have to wait for Love if the team can't figure out how to get Arod and the WR up to speed and on the same page.
Please you have not watched Rodgers the last few years he has made it a focus to want to speak out on all social justice issues.

Back