What really happened in GB

Really? That's what he's saying now. Funny how that would mean he got nothing from about 36 people? At least he doesn't quote them. I'm sorry, but I have a little trouble taking Dunne at face value. Like I referred to before, there is NOTHING new here. Timing of this story has nothing to do with journalism and everything to do with click bait.

I feel sorry for you if you truly believe this. Ty had a ton of connections in Green bay, He wrote for SI and some other outlets after leaving GB. I think it's hard for you and others to see your "perfect" Packers in a new light. As for it being click bait.... same excuse for ever negative story for 3 years, at some point your going to have to admit there was a problem.

That was really brutal. Rough. Unbelievably negative. Depressing. Doesn't really give you much optimism.

Doesn't really inspire much hope or confidence.

I do wonder whether the nature of the story, and the way it's cast, doesn't bring out the most negative.

"Hey, I'm doing a story on the what went wrong for the Packers and the decline of the Packers. Would you be willing to answer a call and chat?" "Hey, I'm doing a story on what went wrong with Rodgers and McCarthy. If you've got any thoughts, could we visit?" I can almost imagine a setup that just necessitates an emphasis on the negative, and just encourages the negative.

It's hard to envision Rodgers being really good going forward, at this stage in his career. Any chance we've got, it still hinges on Rodgers being exceptional, and those odds no longer seem very good.

Looking forward, a lot of those voices still seem to assume he can be the guy he used to be. But man, his accuracy last year was so poor. Hard to see anything great happening without consistent accuracy, and that seems not super likely to return.

Hope I'm wrong. That LaFleur has a great presence and intelligence, and that he can earn and persuade and win buy-in from #12, and that Getsy and LaFleur can somehow get something going with Rodgers mechanics so that he can throw with accuracy again. I'd love nothing better than to have those guys all able to listen and bring out the best, and have a great time being all-in together, trusting each other, and enabling some really good plays.

ARod having a big ego is NOT news. The difference between ARod and Brady is the coaching. MM told the team that Rodgers had the right to change the play (per James Jones) and everything was accepted until the wins stopped. BB never gave that amount of control to Brady.

As posted earlier- this article is so far ranging that it makes EVERYONE right. You can take from it what you want. Dunne had years to write this and he waited until now. The main contributors were two of the most disgruntled ex Packers in Jennings and Finley (they won the SB without him). Those two only pop up to slam ARod, it's the only thing that makes them relevant anymore. So we have the bi*** brothers (Jennings is soooo concerned, but admitted he was holding back to get paid) and some anonymous FO guy.

My take is that we already knew almost all of this. We did. It's been bandied around here for years.
Click bait drama to the extreme. The only thing it clarifies for me is that Mark Murphy is full of sh**. He was too busy with the Packerland Playpark to pay attention to the Golden Goose that makes all that possible. Too late to fix it. Didn't recognize that TT was in serious decline. Didn't recognize that MM's ego was the most destructive element in this because MM's job was to check and balance Rodger's ego. The money was rolling in, Murphy dropped the ball. Now he is the most dangerous ego at 1265.

Last point- Leadership. You are or you aren't a leader. To pine away and think ARod or CMIII failed is naive. They weren't leaders when we won the SB, why would anyone think they would become the leaders after DD and CW left? The Country Club atmosphere doesn't develop leaders, doesn't want leaders. MM wanted to be alpha dog and the lack of leadership started at the top. Directionless.
After a bad season Brady starts watching tape the week after the season ends to try and get better. Arod says the month after is for yoga and traveling. That's the difference as well.

Coaching is part of it. BB makes the final decision but Brady has a lot of input in game plan. Arod not as much on then planning level. He just got to change plays on game day.

I guess I give Murphy a little more of a break than most. I'm not leaving him blameless, but I think he ended up in kind of a weird situation. I don't doubt he knew about the AR/MM issues, but as recently as Jan 2015 the Packers were a Super Bowl quality team, had there not been a 4 minute meltdown. Plus, he had a GM who was supposed to be in charge of football operations. As dysfunctional as things were, things were working on the field until the fall of 2015.

The supposed strength of the Packer operation was no "meddling" owner. Was he supposed to over-rule his GM on the whole AR/MM thing. Ultimately, he should have, by dumping TT and probably MM a year or two sooner, but to me this ultimately comes down to a TT problem. He was the "football" guy. He was supposed to handle this stuff but he sucked at it.

I don't want to dump on TT too much because it's clear he was not 100%, but he should have stepped into the MM/AR breach years earlier, but didn't have the temperament or strong personality needed to force it to be hashed out or to fire his coach for not handling it. Can you imagine Mike Holmgren and Ron Wolf letting this situation play out like this? Murphy's problem was that his "football" people were too weak to deal with the situation and he waited too long to step in.

The fact that Murphy let this disfunction exist is beyond pathetic. As to Brady read the Greg Bedard article somewhat related to this. It was posted in shout

Check that out Pack. You were a proponent of waiting on the Rodgers contract. This article speaks to that a little bit

Guys on Sirius radio today guys defending McCarthy saying it's laughable that MM is to dedicated of a coach to ever skip a meeting to et a massage.

Guys on Sirius radio today guys defending McCarthy saying it's laughable that MM is to dedicated of a coach to ever skip a meeting to et a massage.
Dunne said this morning that he received a ton of texts, from former players and coaches, that were perplexed with why MM would deny it because it was so widely known that he had done it.

Check that out Pack. You were a proponent of waiting on the Rodgers contract. This article speaks to that a little bit

Bud it hindsight in many ways but yeah I still feel that way

the only guy who has any credibility in Sirius is Tucker, rest are worthless

Dunne said this morning that he received a ton of texts, from former players and coaches, that were perplexed with why MM would deny it because it was so widely known that he had done it.

He's not going to come out publicly and say..."Why yes it's true I asked a strange women to come up to my office all the time and give me a massage" For anyone and especially the two reporters leading that denial to think he would is beyond stupid. He also said he has "moved on from GB" aka I am not telling any of you s***.

Back