What really happened in GB

Rodgers is a diva, but every HOF-level QB anywhere is.

I just have to laugh at the irony. Old AR was supposed to be the Anti-Favre. The new gun that would never be like him. Juxtaposed his sensibilities to the gunslinger Favre. Same things are now being said about AR. Funny how things work and come full circle. I have no problem with people, teammates, fans, writers etc., taking him to task. He's not above reproach and he shares in the blame. No matter how one wants to spin it. Let's see how he responds.

Rodgers is a diva, but every HOF-level QB anywhere is.

A 40 year old Tom Brady clearly went over his coach's head and got Jimmy Garoppolo traded last year. Shoot, Brady has his own personal trainer that travels with the team. It's just that Bill Belichick overcomes all the shit going on by out scheming everyone else and not worrying about whether his offensive coordinator or QB coach gets too much credit. The Van Pelt comments in the article are one of the most underplayed so far - he got fired because he was too close to Rodgers and too smart for McCarthy to not be threatened.

Big Ben managed to contribute to running two superstar skill position players out of town. Actually, I think the Big Ben example is a good one, because both Brown and LeVeon Bell hate him. Why do they hate him? Because Big Ben got the big money compared to them. Why do Jennings and Finley hate Rodgers? Because AR got the big money and then didn't. In the article, Jennings has the audacity to complain about Rodgers telling the 49ers they should sign Jennings AFTER Jennings admitted during a game he was dogging his routes because he was in a contract year? That tells you all you need to know about Jennings. He was a POS teammate who had his sister do his bashing for him. Finley has multiple baby mamas and keeps getting into the news for not supporting them. He has zero credibility on this. The majority of the AR bashing is from those two clowns. AR gets criticized for not complaining more often and more publicly (internalizing it)? That's one where AR can't win.

Underneath all of this is the fact that MM was crappy coach who designed a great offense with the talent he had in 2009-2011 and then refused to adapt when the league evolved. I feel stupid for defending him as a coach. It appears he was a Chauncey Gardiner type (look up the movie "Being There"). Rodgers was going to be a challenge for anyone to coach - but it's a good problem to have. When MM got complacent, he relied on AR to save his ass and didn't really complain until the wins stopped.
The fact that TT was not engaged didn't help.

One final thought - Tyler Dunne was in Green Bay from 2011-16 and never wrote about any of this before?
The fact that Murphy let this disfunction exist is beyond pathetic. As to Brady read the Greg Bedard article somewhat related to this. It was posted in shout

Ty Dunne on Foxsports radio this morning. Said he spoke to over 40 people. Clay Travis interviewed him. It was good yet no one has taken Murphy to task about any if this. Again, a lot of blame to go around and this article has burst the bubble around the GB Packers. I wonder how much play and how much traction this will get with the national media? Will this become a distraction? Or is this just a blip on the NFL screen and most will forget about it in a couple days? ML has his work cut out for him. This is going to be an interesting season.

Ty Dunne on Foxsports radio this morning. Said he spoke to over 40 people. Clay Travis interviewed him. It was good yet no one has taken Murphy to task about any if this. Again, a lot of blame to go around and this article has burst the bubble around the GB Packers. I wonder how much play and how much traction this will get with the national media? Will this become a distraction? Or is this just a blip on the NFL screen and most will forget about it in a couple days? ML has his work cut out for him. This is going to be an interesting season.
It'll be big news for awhile. Especially since GB always tries to project the "we are different" aura. But I think it will fade pretty quickly. In the long run this will help. Get it all out now and then move on.

Big question now though is how does Arod react when ML wants to do something he doesn't agree with ... We know he was willing to undercut a SB winning HC . How bout a brand new HC? Murphy is apparently worried about that too..

Over 40 people.... that will take the sails out of the it's "just Finley and Jennings" talking crowd. A lot of folks out there that don't want to believe any of this. And frankly the" I wanna know who they are" BS I've heard is so bogus.... people need to just stop with that.

How on God's green Earth could Murphy let this sh*tstorm turn into a hurricane without intervening? Yeah, he was focused on making the organization year-round cheddar with the Titletown stuff, but if things were as obviously terrible as this article makes it seem, then this guy is either a complete idiot or too scared to rock a boat that's already sinking.

I think Gute is solid, and I hope he has the mettle to surround Aaron with coaches and players who can challenge him and awake the dragon.

There are always stories about Brady being a diva but those who follow NE closely know that's not true ... does Brady have high expectations of his teammates? Yes. But that's a whole different story than Big Ben and Arod calling out guys for their own fragile egos sake.
ARod having a big ego is NOT news. The difference between ARod and Brady is the coaching. MM told the team that Rodgers had the right to change the play (per James Jones) and everything was accepted until the wins stopped. BB never gave that amount of control to Brady.

As posted earlier- this article is so far ranging that it makes EVERYONE right. You can take from it what you want. Dunne had years to write this and he waited until now. The main contributors were two of the most disgruntled ex Packers in Jennings and Finley (they won the SB without him). Those two only pop up to slam ARod, it's the only thing that makes them relevant anymore. So we have the bi*** brothers (Jennings is soooo concerned, but admitted he was holding back to get paid) and some anonymous FO guy.

My take is that we already knew almost all of this. We did. It's been bandied around here for years.
Click bait drama to the extreme. The only thing it clarifies for me is that Mark Murphy is full of sh**. He was too busy with the Packerland Playpark to pay attention to the Golden Goose that makes all that possible. Too late to fix it. Didn't recognize that TT was in serious decline. Didn't recognize that MM's ego was the most destructive element in this because MM's job was to check and balance Rodger's ego. The money was rolling in, Murphy dropped the ball. Now he is the most dangerous ego at 1265.

Last point- Leadership. You are or you aren't a leader. To pine away and think ARod or CMIII failed is naive. They weren't leaders when we won the SB, why would anyone think they would become the leaders after DD and CW left? The Country Club atmosphere doesn't develop leaders, doesn't want leaders. MM wanted to be alpha dog and the lack of leadership started at the top. Directionless.

Really? That's what he's saying now. Funny how that would mean he got nothing from about 36 people? At least he doesn't quote them. I'm sorry, but I have a little trouble taking Dunne at face value. Like I referred to before, there is NOTHING new here. Timing of this story has nothing to do with journalism and everything to do with click bait.

Back