What frustrates you the most about team Packers?

What Reality said. Every single one of them. I'm getting frustrated thinking about this stuff! Every single issue here has the Seattle game written all over it! bh(

:D

It's just fine Wolfman - good to have a place to "identify" and "work out" our Packers fan frustrations! - Kaye

Our biggest issue last year - and it came back to bite us in the NFCC game - was our ineffectiveness in the red zone. How many times last year did we get there and have to settle for FGs?

What bugs me is how often we didn't "have to" settle for field goals, but we did anyway - probably because both the coach and the team all assumed it was no big deal, because they'd be back down there in a few minutes anyway. A lot of what sticks out to me was stupid playcalling in the red zone because the head coach was too busy showing everyone how cute he could be instead of taking a potential touchdown as seriously as he ought to. He was too busy burying his nose in the clipboard and daydreaming about how cool this was going to look on the ESPN highlight reel later tonight.

Red zone issues are more about lack of matchup opportunities than play calling. We have no threat at TE. WR are not physical. I I is its not a popular opinion but we miss a guy like 88 to go get it in traffic.

My frustration ? We are not physical. That's on our GM. We don't intimidate on defense. He don't play physical Just look at the CB drafted this year. Draft attitude.

RED ZONE issues in frustration hit a "big nerve" on this thread. - Packers Offense need to FINISH when they hit the red zone for maximum point production. FG points should be the final "settle" and is "safe" to get some points - however - both Coach MM and we fans need to know the Packers Offense have that physical capability to take Red Zone to the End Zone consistently. - Kaye

Packinatl quote: "We don't intimidate on defense." - For me this goes back to when a DEFENSE consistently is able (perform/execute) to DOMINATE and enforce/impose their will upon the offense - they are then truly intimidating and respected. - Kaye

You all hit my main issues. The one thing that bugs me the most is how the Pack don't seem to have the killer instinct. We have a lead in the 4th qtr and we go into this prevent defense and I guess offense. I know you want to run the clock down but to do that you also need to keep getting first downs. Keep the pedal down and score. One thing I like about the Patriots is they play until the clock reads 0.

Truth is I used to take every opportunity to put the verbal ding on Patriots coach any time possible. However on "run the points up" that came to be a topic quite some time back I changed my mind on completely. - That is the best indicator of what you said - play until the clock has expired. If one is ever in an NFL game with your team able to "run the points up" - do and just let the world know that is your standard. Putting the game away for a WIN - putting the game out of reach for any opponent to be able to come back and win....... our Packers need their fundamentals to include the words FOLLOW THROUGH and FINISH. - Kaye

What bugs me is how often we didn't "have to" settle for field goals, but we did anyway - probably because both the coach and the team all assumed it was no big deal, because they'd be back down there in a few minutes anyway. A lot of what sticks out to me was stupid playcalling in the red zone because the head coach was too busy showing everyone how cute he could be instead of taking a potential touchdown as seriously as he ought to. He was too busy burying his nose in the clipboard and daydreaming about how cool this was going to look on the ESPN highlight reel later tonight.

McCarthy is the last person I would think gives a rat's tail about how the plays will look on the highlight reels later on. His selection of players on the field was stupid - giving the ball to Kuhn instead of Lacy or Starks on the one foot line - but not necessarily the plays being called.

Red zone issues are more about lack of matchup opportunities than play calling. We have no threat at TE. WR are not physical. I I is its not a popular opinion but we miss a guy like 88 to go get it in traffic.

My frustration ? We are not physical. That's on our GM. We don't intimidate on defense. He don't play physical Just look at the CB drafted this year. Draft attitude.

From everything I've heard Montgomery is a physical WR.

Well... that's a heck of a question. 3 things

1. First thing isn't a team frustration but an organizational/team and even fan base issue. The last few years there is a holier than thou mentality about. It seems instead of the hungry.. eye in the tiger team that was out to prove everyone wrong we have become a tad overzealous in our selves. It showed in Buffalo and Tampa last year and really showed in the second half of the Seattle game. Get the damn chip off your shoulders and play until you HAVE the trophy not like you think that trophy is owed to you.

gp((CLP)

Many great points here. hof( to everyone. I will add in the lack of quality ST. MM has promised to fix this for 6-7 years now. On our 3rd ST coach but yet it never happens. They still tend to not put the best personal on return and cover teams. It's been a debacle that they seem to lose sight of each season. Makes you want to bh(

Most frustrating is TT's lack of using FA. Look at a team like the Pats. They use draft and develop a lot but also bring in key FA's to help put them over the top. IMO TT's unwillingness to use FA is part of the reason why this team has not won another Super Bowl.

And, you can say that here, secure in the knowledge that we're bright enough to know you don't mean 'breaking the bank', 'going all in' or the terms used elsewhere to deride someone who thinks a hole can be plugged with a veteran from elsewhere.

Most frustrating is TT's lack of using FA. Look at a team like the Pats. They use draft and develop a lot but also bring in key FA's to help put them over the top. IMO TT's unwillingness to use FA is part of the reason why this team has not won another Super Bowl.

Amen! Seattle is another team that uses ALL avenues. This takes on an almost arrogant approach by Ted. Utilize all avenues and quit acting like the FA money is coming directly out of your wallet. Doesn't do any good to be in 'great cap shape' but missing the SB because there is a hole or two in the roster. Can't fill them all with just the draft alone. BIG TIME frustration boiling point for this Packer fan! I'd still like to see someone like Spikes and a solid vet TE added. Won't happen though. Ah, well...bh)

Back