What frustrates you the most about team Packers?

kayereads

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
May 2015 and a brand new NFL season is about to be birthed this weekend over near Lambeau Field in Green Bay. Keeping it simple and telling you my top frustrations (at least I think they are) - what frustrates you most as a fan and you want to see improvement made?

MISSED TACKLES - each and every week I believe there is an over/under on how many times Coach MM is going to say out loud "fundamentals" in his presser. He would get to use that word so much less if TACKLES GET DONE.

TAKEAWAYS and GIVEAWAYS - Overall the Packers gave thrilling moments - season 2014-2015 with takeaways. As a fan I am greedy - I WANT MORE - strip the ball - intercept the opponent - anything to keep that football and clear that opponent's offense off the field. Intercept can be a double-edge sword at times - it can be called by a ref under pass interference - which Packers do not get the ball and have a penalty that gives other team a new set of downs or yards. TAKEAWAY that ball as often as possible. Also nothing more satisfying for a fan than a defensive unit touchdown.

"DOTH NOT THOU GIVE-EST AWAY by fumble or interceptions our ball when we have it."

Aaron Rodgers we all know is one of the top QB's in the NFL - and he is gonna play the play as he sees it. HOWEVER - OFFENSIVE UNIT - do everything it takes to keep ARodg UPRIGHT. This too can be a double-edged sword as far as holding penalties. KEEP AARON UPRIGHT.

In my own rambling on way - these are my top frustrations that I want to see Packers improve upon. What are yours? - Kaye

1. not using every avenue of player acquisition to resolve obvious weaknesses.
2. using high draft choices for players that will need to learn a new position before they can be productive.
3. being too predictable with play calls on offense.
4. playing "to not lose" instead of "to win".

My favorite frustration of what you posted. I liked all your input.

It is beyond time for the Packers to be solid at fundamentals every week + having the ability to take it to "the next level" of planned and perfectly executed unpredictability regarding offensive plays. I think some of them should be "top secret" and then used as per necessary but not to the point of where they too become same o same o predictable. As each season is a fresh start and there are fresh faces - the most important thing is to get everyone on the same page.

I am also a fan of early regular season WINS to take a team to post-season and then as the sports media heads all say "peaking at the right time" closer to end of regular season that launches through the BIG GAME for all the MARBLES. I do not mind if early season games are "ugly wins" - A WIN is a WIN is a WIN.

Solid reply from you. Thanks very much. - Kaye

I agree with number 3. Predictable. I've always said, "If I can predict what the play is going to be, you can bet the defense sure knows".
I'm curious to see if having Clements calling the plays will make any difference.

My favorite frustration of what you posted. I liked all your input.

It is beyond time for the Packers to be solid at fundamentals every week + having the ability to take it to "the next level" of planned and perfectly executed unpredictability regarding offensive plays. I think some of them should be "top secret" and then used as per necessary but not to the point of where they too become same o same o predictable. As each season is a fresh start and there are fresh faces - the most important thing is to get everyone on the same page.

I am also a fan of early regular season WINS to take a team to post-season and then as the sports media heads all say "peaking at the right time" closer to end of regular season that launches through the BIG GAME for all the MARBLES. I do not mind if early season games are "ugly wins" - A WIN is a WIN is a WIN.

Solid reply from you. Thanks very much. - Kaye

That's were I differ. The only time I apply that is to the Super Bowl. For all other games, it's (to me) a matter of what it portends for the future. After the SB and the unblemished record in 2011, I was asked to stop posting to one forum (so as not to 'rain on their parade') when I kept up the 'yes, but' campaign, concerned that to count on winning just by scoring a bunch of points was short-sighted. The KC loss to end the unbeaten streak and the Giants loss to end the season were the lowest-scoring games of the year and turned that season into almost a crushing defeat as last year. If the team with the most wins in the season was awarded the trophy, I'd be (more) on board.

4. playing "to not lose" instead of "to win".

These two are my biggest current issues. The last one was obviously a big part of the playoff loss in Seattle.

Before last year, I would have included injuries as we seemed to have more than our fair share for a few years in a row, but that wasn't nearly as much of a problem last season.

I agree with number 3. Predictable. I've always said, "If I can predict what the play is going to be, you can bet the defense sure knows".
I'm curious to see if having Clements calling the plays will make any difference.

Good to see you! So true those times when we know - the other defense knows also!

The KC loss to end the unbeaten streak and the Giants loss to end the season were the lowest-scoring games of the year and turned that season into almost a crushing defeat as last year. If the team with the most wins in the season was awarded the trophy, I'd be (more) on board.

Half Empty you can "rain on my parade" or "block my sunshine" any time you want - especially on Summer hot days! We have a communication disconnect somehow between us..... I am not saying team with most wins etc in that context..... I am saying WIN as to get post season (they have done regularly) and then get over the hump to collect it all. I so agree what you mentioned in this paragraph so heartfelt - the Packers were winning in high percentage to get to post season and it was a tremendous hurt to we fans they could not claim the big prize. It hurt as a fan even more because some of these were games they got their own rear ends handed to them. Definite crush! - Kaye

These two are my biggest current issues. The last one was obviously a big part of the playoff loss in Seattle.

Before last year, I would have included injuries as we seemed to have more than our fair share for a few years in a row, but that wasn't nearly as much of a problem last season.

INJURIES when they happen are frustrating - but they are so out of anyone's realm when they happen. We never know who or when. About all any NFL team can do is have the best personal or individual strength and building training program as to have players in good enough conditioning. Even then when the INJURY or INJURIES hit - they hit hard - goes on NFL wide, not just the Packers. Frustrates we fans more when it is the Packers.

Well... that's a heck of a question. 3 things

1. First thing isn't a team frustration but an organizational/team and even fan base issue. The last few years there is a holier than thou mentality about. It seems instead of the hungry.. eye in the tiger team that was out to prove everyone wrong we have become a tad overzealous in our selves. It showed in Buffalo and Tampa last year and really showed in the second half of the Seattle game. Get the damn chip off your shoulders and play until you HAVE the trophy not like you think that trophy is owed to you.

2. Defense. I am a defensive guy..coach it.. played it. Hate everything about Capers and MM approach to our defense. It's a smoke and mirrors scheme. NASCAR package..psycho bh)rt( I really don't care that MM wants to be like the Steelers he grew up with. Go get a solid DC that schemes well and plays sound fundamental FB.

3. Offensive rhythm, everyone blames MM play calling but #12 and his checkdowns are just as much in play. This includes the red zone stalls and sometimes zaney 3rd down plays. 3rd and 1 with Lacey shouldn't be a pass... if you can't convert that then we need some serious makeovers on the O-line.

My sb(tc(

Back