What frustrates you the most about team Packers?

Half Empty you can "rain on my parade" or "block my sunshine" any time you want - especially on Summer hot days! We have a communication disconnect somehow between us..... I am not saying team with most wins etc in that context..... I am saying WIN as to get post season (they have done regularly) and then get over the hump to collect it all. I so agree what you mentioned in this paragraph so heartfelt - the Packers were winning in high percentage to get to post season and it was a tremendous hurt to we fans they could not claim the big prize. It hurt as a fan even more because some of these were games they got their own rear ends handed to them. Definite crush! - Kaye

Looks like much ado about nothing. As soon as I saw "a win is a win" I immediately shifted into the defensive mode I have to use in most other forums. Sort of goes hand-in-hand with "you're not a real Packer if you _____" that so many apply to us 'yes, but...' folks. It's always (well, almost always) a pleasure to see the kind of exchange that happens in this forum where we can disagree and then agree to disagree on matters that nobody can 'prove'. Carry on. :)

The above stuff is great... I would add things like this...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...held-out-of-practice-with-minor-ankle-injury/

---Typical TT top pick...INJURED! bh(:D

I'm really with Mark on the mentality...ever since the very fortuitous SB win this team has acted like they've been champs every year since. SF has been better than them and now it's Seattle. Where is the fire? Where is the push to be the best? How can our D suck year after year after year? Why doesn't our GM maximize Aaron's window for now instead of being worried about winning division championships years from now?

A personal pet peeve is 2nd and 10 is almost always a run right up the gut for 2 yards, or less, and we're in 3rd and long. Run more on 1st down if you feel you have to run it. Don't do it all the time on 2nd and long.

Too often on 3rd and short we're trying for a homerun ball when we just need a few yards. Do a better job of scheming plays in short yardage situations. Seems we've been poor in those situations over the years due to our lack of running game.

Here is what I most believe and this is from Michael Rodney's website:

Look, the Packers will continue to be the class of the NFC North and a playoff team for as long as the incomparable Aaron Rodgers is at quarterback, but it’ll be difficult to remain among the very elite if Thompson continues to swing and miss in round 1 – especially as No. 12 gets older and his skills begin to diminish. He needs to start drafting players who’ll be worthy of having their option picked up.

--Matt Millen could GM a team with Aaron Rodgers to the playoffs year after year. Step on the gas, TT, before all that is in the rearview is Rodgers wasted career.

The last few years there is a holier than thou mentality about.

"The last few years there is a holier than thou mentality about" - Packers organization itself unsure what this is or how to respond.
However as far as Team and fan base issue - A TEAM needs unified confidence vs. prideful bolongna (bs) ego. FAN BASE too. Some of this stems from varying degrees of personal maturity on the part of individual players and individual fans (at least the prideful ego "holier than thou mentality") does indeed show up in social media to me.

Get the damn chip off your shoulders and play until you HAVE the trophy not like you think that trophy is owed to you.

Entitlement has no place in the NFL - it is the place where a team must earn it - time for Packers organization top to bottom not to lip-service - "we are here to win Championships" but actually to get there and WIN.

Go get a solid DC that schemes well and plays sound fundamental FB.

FUNDAMENTALS have to be the foundation first all units. Then if one does not want to be predictable offense and defense - enter some other schemes. I think what you are saying is stop putting the cart before the horse for defense. Get the fundamentals sound with some hard pounding football BEFORE putting in things like the NASCAR and PSYCHO package. As for me: I want the offense to get their fundamentals sound and then surprise us with a few plays.

Each presser Coach MM does post-game or later in the week that mentions fundamentals = he saw a failing in the game of them and as fans so did we! It is tiresome to hear that week in and week out even if the Packers have done better than most NFL teams in win/loss. Every game is a brand new start.

There is no razzle dazzle in all units that is going to work without sound fundamentals - when that foundation is done - then some razzle dazzle I think will be just fine with me. I call that "Come on Packers - get to 'the next level' and I do mean UP enough to WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS." - So happy you replied. Been enjoying the convo and am glad I began this thread. - Kaye

a pleasure to see the kind of exchange that happens in this forum where we can disagree and then agree to disagree on matters that nobody can 'prove'. Carry on. :)

Laughing - I understand more of where you are coming from Half Empty - but this is just me Kaye and what you see when you see is what you get. This is the only place I post at NFL. I realize there are those folks quite more precise in their articulation than am I. - Kaye

Do a better job of scheming plays in short yardage situations. Seems we've been poor in those situations over the years due to our lack of running game.

Good Frustration! Good Point!

--Matt Millen could GM a team with Aaron Rodgers to the playoffs year after year. Step on the gas, TT, before all that is in the rearview is Rodgers wasted career.

This gave me the best laugh of the day - cannot stand Matt Millen mind you at all - but the point is well made in this context. - Kaye

1. not using every avenue of player acquisition to resolve obvious weaknesses.
2. using high draft choices for players that will need to learn a new position before they can be productive.
3. being too predictable with play calls on offense.
4. playing "to not lose" instead of "to win".

What Reality said. Every single one of them. I'm getting frustrated thinking about this stuff! Every single issue here has the Seattle game written all over it! bh(

:D

Our biggest issue last year - and it came back to bite us in the NFCC game - was our ineffectiveness in the red zone. How many times last year did we get there and have to settle for FGs?

Our biggest issue last year - and it came back to bite us in the NFCC game - was our ineffectiveness in the red zone. How many times last year did we get there and have to settle for FGs?

What bugs me is how often we didn't "have to" settle for field goals, but we did anyway - probably because both the coach and the team all assumed it was no big deal, because they'd be back down there in a few minutes anyway. A lot of what sticks out to me was stupid playcalling in the red zone because the head coach was too busy showing everyone how cute he could be instead of taking a potential touchdown as seriously as he ought to. He was too busy burying his nose in the clipboard and daydreaming about how cool this was going to look on the ESPN highlight reel later tonight.

Red zone issues are more about lack of matchup opportunities than play calling. We have no threat at TE. WR are not physical. I I is its not a popular opinion but we miss a guy like 88 to go get it in traffic.

My frustration ? We are not physical. That's on our GM. We don't intimidate on defense. He don't play physical Just look at the CB drafted this year. Draft attitude.

You all hit my main issues. The one thing that bugs me the most is how the Pack don't seem to have the killer instinct. We have a lead in the 4th qtr and we go into this prevent defense and I guess offense. I know you want to run the clock down but to do that you also need to keep getting first downs. Keep the pedal down and score. One thing I like about the Patriots is they play until the clock reads 0.

Back