What frustrates you the most about team Packers?

Thanks board members - it was good to get my Packers team frustrations out and very happy you all participated with yours! Here's to the 2015 Season and - Hey Packers - GO ALL THE WAY - you know your fans expect fixes + winning the ultimate Championship February 2016. From top to bottom the Packers organization, each individual player has got to be IN IT TO WIN IT and first you have to get there game by game. - Kaye

Thanks board members - it was good to get my Packers team frustrations out and very happy you all participated with yours! Here's to the 2015 Season and - Hey Packers - GO ALL THE WAY - you know your fans expect fixes + winning the ultimate Championship February 2016. From top to bottom the Packers organization, each individual player has got to be IN IT TO WIN IT and first you have to get there game by game. - Kaye

Well, that certainly takes all the fun out of it. From now until they miss the playoffs or lose in the playoffs, all anyone has to say about anything can be referred back to this post. See you all in 2016. :)

Well, that certainly takes all the fun out of it. From now until they miss the playoffs or lose in the playoffs, all anyone has to say about anything can be referred back to this post. See you all in 2016. :)

OH CRUMP de DUMPTY Half Empty - we are all grown-ups (???) - this thread can either be added to or not as any individual wants to - I am positive new threads with specific frustrations will happen in the game-to-game regular season posts - especially the post game reviews of what went right - what went wrong. It just so happens to begin the new training camp 2015 season I was interested in what frustrations were current with Packers fans and shared mine. - Kaye

Last time I try to compliment anyone. The point was supposed to be that the post I referenced was so comprehensive that it would cover everything through the season. Thought the smiley was supposed to convey the jovial intention, too. Sorry. Will be more direct in the future.

That's were I differ. The only time I apply that is to the Super Bowl. For all other games, it's (to me) a matter of what it portends for the future. After the SB and the unblemished record in 2011, I was asked to stop posting to one forum (so as not to 'rain on their parade') when I kept up the 'yes, but' campaign, concerned that to count on winning just by scoring a bunch of points was short-sighted. The KC loss to end the unbeaten streak and the Giants loss to end the season were the lowest-scoring games of the year and turned that season into almost a crushing defeat as last year. If the team with the most wins in the season was awarded the trophy, I'd be (more) on board.

I agree with much of what's been posted here. My own list would include:

1. Predictable offense
2. Much of the defense...soft, vanilla, lack of a killer instinct
3. Inability to go for the jugular after building a lead on an opponent (although there were a couple delightful exceptions last season)
4. Failure to supplement draft picks through free agency
5. Dearth of impact players selected in the first round of drafts, especially on defense
6. Lack of accountability among coaches and players

And finally, I'd like to piggyback on your post, Empty. The Packers' fan base is as devoted and loyal as any in sports. There's a remarkable sense of investment in the team--and not merely among those who are, well...actually invested. It's ubiquitous throughout those that follow them. And that's one of the many things I love about being a Packers fan. However, this quasi-familial aspect of fandom sometimes lends itself to homogeneity and blind adherence to all team and front-office decisions, regardless of how ill-advised they may be. As a result, anyone who questions these choices or offers a dissenting opinion of the Packers management is criticized and has their identity as a fan called into question. I find this appalling. Admittedly, it's generally a practice reserved for the weak-minded who are unable to postulate a logical and thoughtful response, so these types of condemnations can be easily dismissed. Nevertheless, it's a problem I find much more pervasive among Packers' fans than I do supporters of other teams.

I agree with much of what's been posted here. My own list would include:

1. Predictable offense
2. Much of the defense...soft, vanilla, lack of a killer instinct
3. Inability to go for the jugular after building a lead on an opponent (although there were a couple delightful exceptions last season)
4. Failure to supplement draft picks through free agency
5. Dearth of impact players selected in the first round of drafts, especially on defense
6. Lack of accountability among coaches and players

And finally, I'd like to piggyback on your post, Empty. The Packers' fan base is as devoted and loyal as any in sports. There's a remarkable sense of investment in the team--and not merely among those who are, well...actually invested. It's ubiquitous throughout those that follow them. And that's one of the many things I love about being a Packers fan. However, this quasi-familial aspect of fandom sometimes lends itself to homogeneity and blind adherence to all team and front-office decisions, regardless of how ill-advised they may be. As a result, anyone who questions these choices or offers a dissenting opinion of the Packers management is criticized and has their identity as a fan called into question. I find this appalling. Admittedly, it's generally a practice reserved for the weak-minded who are unable to postulate a logical and thoughtful response, so these types of condemnations can be easily dismissed. Nevertheless, it's a problem I find much more pervasive among Packers' fans than I do supporters of other teams.

CLP)

Back