UW says secrecy needed in AD search; open records advocate says there's 'no evidence' to support that

I just hope the hire is not a oh we need to consider how PC they are and make the hire based on that. While you have to make sure a hire does not have red flags you can't just say ok this guy fits to the modern PC culture they are our hire. You got to make the best hire that will help all sports programs win.
Have faith in the process GBP. I'm sure they've put an awful lot of thought in how this will transpire. UW seems like a sound school. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

I just hope the hire is not a oh we need to consider how PC they are and make the hire based on that. While you have to make sure a hire does not have red flags you can't just say ok this guy fits to the modern PC culture they are our hire. You got to make the best hire that will help all sports programs win.
I can guarantee that’s not going to be in the conversation. That’s not who Alvarez is or it’s not the AD’s job to get involved in that stuff.

I can guarantee that’s not going to be in the conversation. That’s not who Alvarez is or it’s not the AD’s job to get involved in that stuff.
Big question is how well will new AD mesh with the Chryst and Gard? Hopefully he won't be these are not my guys so I don't care about them.

Have faith in the process GBP. I'm sure they've put an awful lot of thought in how this will transpire. UW seems like a sound school. I don't think you have anything to worry about.
Not sure I have as much confidence in Blank as you do. That said what will be interesting to watch is how much outside influences play in. Just me but I want someone like Pollard or Vincent

Big question is how well will new AD mesh with the Chryst and Gard? Hopefully he won't be these are not my guys so I don't care about them.
Any AD who comes in will look at their records and that’s enough to make them “mesh”. Any AD would be a raving idiot not to mesh with them.

Any AD who comes in will look at their records and that’s enough to make them “mesh”. Any AD would be a raving idiot not to mesh with them.
All depends on what kind of ego he has and how much control he wants and if he wants his guys in there. We have seen it before at all levels.

Not sure I have as much confidence in Blank as you do. That said what will be interesting to watch is how much outside influences play in. Just me but I want someone like Pollard or Vincent
Troy Vincent? Would he want to leave his high level NFL job?

Troy Vincent? Would he want to leave his high level NFL job?
Don’t know. My point is I want someone who has experience running a organization on multiple levels. If this was was 1990’s I would have less of a concern. Remember Blank is not Shlala.

Don’t know. My point is I want someone who has experience running a organization on multiple levels. If this was was 1990’s I would have less of a concern. Remember Blank is not Shlala.
Bring back Pat Richter!

Bring back Pat Richter!
Actually no. It’s a different animal now. He walked into a bankrupt department and fixed it. Now you need someone with charisma who understands what modern athletics needs

Back