UW says secrecy needed in AD search; open records advocate says there's 'no evidence' to support that

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Chancellor Rebecca Blank said there would be a "high cost" to hiring the wrong person to replace retiring athletic director Barry Alvarez. UW so far isn't sharing how it's trying to get it right.

Continue reading...

Makes we wonder if there is any real search going on or if they are just going to follow what Lord Barry says and hire who he wants hired.

Makes we wonder if there is any real search going on or if they are just going to follow what Lord Barry says and hire who he wants hired.
It’s very real. It’s Blanks call and you can bet there are other influential people that have chimed in….maybe Kenny Dichter?

It’s very real. It’s Blanks call and you can bet there are other influential people that have chimed in….maybe Kenny Dichter?
I do agree they should release the minutes as article said they could redact the names if people requested not to be named.

I do agree they should release the minutes as article said they could redact the names if people requested not to be named.
In this case no, I like transparency but this needs to stay in house , too much at stake

But if you redact the names what will it hurt to have the minutes out there?
I personally don’t see the point. Just redacted names might not shield any candidate from exposure. Let’s be clear. This not about names being considered it’s people trying to find out how “open” the search is and I trust it is. Way to important of a hire

But if you redact the names what will it hurt to have the minutes out there?
And here is another thing. Do they discuss any doner or booster influence in the meeting. It’s not a secret that some boosters are not as enamored with McIntosh as Alvarez is

I just want them to get this right. This is a decision that will have an effect on all programs for a long time.

I just want them to get this right. This is a decision that will have an effect on all programs for a long time.
I just hope the hire is not a oh we need to consider how PC they are and make the hire based on that. While you have to make sure a hire does not have red flags you can't just say ok this guy fits to the modern PC culture they are our hire. You got to make the best hire that will help all sports programs win.

Back