Trading Aaron Rodgers

Arods issue was his attitude. That seems to be why he fell. As for deer in headlights never saw it. The games he did get into he looked like someone hungry to take over. Especially that one game in Dallas.

You can't say nobody saw the potential when the guy was talked about as a potential first overall pick. The argument was him or Smith. Love wasn't even the top 3 QB of this draft.

the dallas game was the first time that he actually looked confident. before that he played scared.

love would have been a top 3 qb in the 2019 draft, imho. in fact, i remember talk on this very forum about how he would be a top qb in the 2020 draft during the time of the 2019 draft. there's no question that his 2019 season dropped him out of that conversation.

IMO the bigger question is, what exactly are you salvaging? Some people think there is a '67 Impala under there when maybe it's just a Honda Accord with a V6.

nice. i guess what the packers are hoping is that you can get back to the 2018 jordan love who - as sophomore, started all 13 games, completing 267 of 417 passes for a school season record 3,567 yards with 32 touchdowns and six interceptions and was named the mvp of the 2018 new mexico bowl after passing for 359 yards and four touchdowns.

nice. i guess what the packers are hoping is that you can get back to the 2018 jordan love who - as sophomore, started all 13 games, completing 267 of 417 passes for a school season record 3,567 yards with 32 touchdowns and six interceptions and was named the mvp of the 2018 new mexico bowl after passing for 359 yards and four touchdowns.
Matt is a QB guy. He wants to develop Love. Get the footwork down. Get the decision making. Learn the offense. Make it easy with a run first scheme.

Matt is a QB guy. He wants to develop Love. Get the footwork down. Get the decision making. Learn the offense. Make it easy with a run first scheme.
You don’t trade up for a game manager.....oh who has he developed? DISCLAIMER: I like the guy as a HC

Last edited:
You don’t trade up for a game manager.....oh who has he developed?

You are absolutely right, Pack you do not trade up for a game manager. Let me make my point clear in my post with this thread. Love is not Rodgers right now and most likely never will be. My point is taking Love and the draft picks we did is more ML's offense but also suggests to me that they think Love may be able to throw accurate short timing routes, play action off the run, and pick his spots deep, eventually. And you then trade AR in 2 years.

Bad choice of words when I said game manager in my first post. :)

You are absolutely right, Pack you do not trade up for a game manager. Let me make my point clear in my post with this thread. Love is not Rodgers right now and most likely never will be. My point is taking Love and the draft picks we did is more ML's offense but also suggests to me that they think Love may be able to throw accurate short timing routes, play action off the run, and pick his spots deep, eventually. And you then trade AR in 2 years.

Bad choice of words when I said game manager in my first post. :)
I see your point and don’t disagree. My thing is the only way you make that move in Rd 1 is for a franchise type QB. That is not Love

I see your point and don’t disagree. My thing is the only way you make that move in Rd 1 is for a franchise type QB. That is not Love

I agree with Pack. I think 1st round should definitely be for guys who have the potential to be game changers. I also realize that we don't seem to draft that way.

If you think you only need a guy who can run the timing plays that are called - a game manager, you can grab him later - and certainly don't trade up into the first round to get him.

I'm hoping this works out. But the Pack needed weapons on defense and offense that were available and chose to pick guys for another day.

STOP with the run first scheme BS..... Gute says it's not true.... ML says it's not. I'll say it again the base in this offense is 11 personal...1 RB...1 TE and 3 WR.

STOP with the run first scheme BS..... Gute says it's not true.... ML says it's not. I'll say it again the base in this offense is 11 personal...1 RB...1 TE and 3 WR.

yep. 1 big hard-runnin' rb, 1 te who can block, and three wr who can block downfield. :D

Back