This loss belongs to the coaching staff, not the quarterback

I think HHCD is injured. He’s been inexplicably bad this year, looks like he’s running in sand and he’s very timid.

Jason Wilde said on his and Tauscher's radio show that HHCD hasn't presented himself to the medical staff for anything this season. So if he is injured, he's not telling anyone about it.

The time to replace Capers is now. They have a lost season here to put a new defensive scheme in place. Capers D is truly a failure. I have made excuses for Capers in the past and felt it was the players not executing or it was a lack of speed but I don't even buy my own argument. These guys have the ability to make big plays and sometimes do. This version of Packers D is faster and stronger than any we've seen since the 2010 Super Bowl D. I feel like the defensive play calling is what puts these guys out of position to make plays.

Eyecatcher, you stole my thunder... I was just coming on to post that today would be a fine day to fire Capers. Given what we've got, let's use the rest of the year to provide a new Defensive Coordinator real game time to develop, implement and tweak a new defensive scheme. I've seen High School football defenses better organized. Allowed 485 total yards to a sloppy Saints team, only 2 punts, The HHCD play, ten men on the field again, wasted time-outs, gave up at the end, trying to get aligned in time... I do not get why Capers has a job.

Now we know exactly what the Packers are, without Rodgers. They're not even a mediocre NFL team. They're pathetic.

I don't believe their problem is personnel, I believe it's coaching. I don't believe for a moment that McCarthy has any real faith in Hundley being able to play at an NFL level capable of a starter. What I saw yesterday told me that he has been riding Rodgers coattails from the start. Despite having a running back who was lighting it up enough to open up the passing game, he refused to give Hundley any opportunity of actually running what is known as the Packer offense. He's cut it down to a version you'd teach to junior high school kids for their very first game with the system.

As far as Capers defense, it is what it is. We all know it. The entire NFL knows it. McCarthy won't admit it. It's not what's needed to help carry a team. They won't help the Packers stay in the hunt.

Maybe we're lucky, as Packer fans, that we're seeing this now. Rodgers has a few good years left in him. It may be possible for a new coaching staff to revitalize the offense, where needed, and develop a defense that can compete, and help keep us in games.

It's sad when you watch a game, and after you score the opening TD, watch the head coach try to "ice the ball," to prevent the other team from "coming back." There's no way that's ever going to work for 4 quarters.

If McCarthy can't turn it around quickly, this season is going to be gone before we know it. Just a few quarters of unimportant football, nothing more. I hate seasons like that. Makes you feel like you're a Jaguars fan!

Eyecatcher, you stole my thunder... I was just coming on to post that today would be a fine day to fire Capers. Given what we've got, let's use the rest of the year to provide a new Defensive Coordinator real game time to develop, implement and tweak a new defensive scheme. I've seen High School football defenses better organized. Allowed 485 total yards to a sloppy Saints team, only 2 punts, The HHCD play, ten men on the field again, wasted time-outs, gave up at the end, trying to get aligned in time... I do not get why Capers has a job.
I'm psychic. Or is it psycho? Anyway I'm done with Capers.

I don't believe for a moment that McCarthy has any real faith in Hundley being able to play at an NFL level capable of a starter. What I saw yesterday told me that he has been riding Rodgers coattails from the start. Despite having a running back who was lighting it up enough to open up the passing game, he refused to give Hundley any opportunity of actually running what is known as the Packer offense. He's cut it down to a version you'd teach to junior high school kids for their very first game with the system.

While some of what you are saying is 100% accurate, I don't think McCarthy hamstrung Hundley at all. Hundley had zero vision in the game. He never looked for a receiver beyond 5 yards unless it was a couple of the deep balls. He was feeling pressure that wasn't even there at times and instead of stepping up into the protection and releasing the ball he tucked and ran. Even on designed roll outs he just flat out threw the ball away rather than give his receiver a chance. I put plenty of blame on Hundley for the offensive performance. The defense is a whole different matter. We have pro-bowl caliber players playing right now. Matthews, Perry, Daniels, Clark, Martinez and Jones are all playing high quality football. Do we think they are just taking plays off at times or are they given bad defensive calls?

Not just Capers, the whole D staff needs to go. Everyone blows sunshine up Joe Whitts behind but I’m sick of him. Perry can go drunk drive into the sunset with Guion.

But heres the rub - this 3-4 is MMs baby. He wants it this way. Even apparently Capers has been playing more 4-3 because it suits personnel sometimes but MM has final say so you’re not going to see a wholesale change on D as long as MM is around.

Do we think they are just taking plays off at times or are they given bad defensive calls?
Both... As 44blitz said last night I watched Ha Ha step over a guy not touch him and turn around and point... wideeye)) get back there and finish the job, but no he didn't. Mike Daniels did what yesterday ?? Got his fat butt run over for 160 yards on the ground. FP(

The defense AND offense have a lot of issues rolled into one big mess. wacky( sh))

FYI, what was funny is Capers went into a 4-3 heavy look when they ran and NO adjusted into a pass offense. We adjusted into pass and they ran. After awhile it was evident that the box upstairs for NO had Capers scheme pegged. Hey Dom playing cover 2 on third and goal with 10 guys on the 2... get's them 6 every time.

bh( rant)csr(

The sad thing for fans is nothing will ever change as long as TT and MM are around. I really think the only reason TT doesn't leave is because the new GM might very well bring in his own coach. TT and MM are connected at the hip and TT doesn't mind carrying MM's load.

Back