The 2022 What If draft for GB

Since I am draft Guru til April, I won't spoil anything for you guys by throwing out my picks but some of the above picks do look good.

I don't see a first round WR, I'm looking at another EDGE or an OT early.

I could see a 2nd and 4th for AR. I think it might be more, but I'll play along. I don't really have much feel for the players and spots. The players and spots seem about right with the little I know right now. The general use of picks seems about right. Need to address OLB, ILB, CB/S, OL, WR and likely QB in the first 4-5 rounds.

I don't really know the players and names very well, beyond the guys who'd go in the first couple of rounds. I'll add:

- in Rd1 the Packers usually go after the traditional high value positions so I'm not sure Pickens is a guy they'd take in that spot. If he's available later they might move up in Rd 2 for him. With one of both of the Smith's possibly gone in 2022 it seems like DE/OLB are in play in Rd1. Maybe a guy like Brandon Smith (PSU).
- Rd 2 seems like a good bet for a WR and CB. Guys like Jahan Dotson (PSU), Jaedon Haselwood (OK), or Pickens if he falls and they trade up. Ivey makes sense at CB. They may also look at a safety like RJ Roderick (SCar) or Jordan Battle (Ala) if Amos is let go for CAP reasons.

IF AR has a season similar to last year and especially if we get to the SB, he will fetch at least (1) first round pick. He's still listed as number 2 QB in league behind Mahomes.

There are a number of teams with questions at QB. Also play-off type teams like Giants, Broncos, Panthers, Colts, maybe Saints.

There would be a bidding war imo.

As for scenario you described, would have to ask if ML is truly sold on Love. Don't know about any QBs coming out yet, but if there is a chance to get one like the top 5 from this year's group would have to think about that. Especially if we have the firepower of picks to do it.

Sorry know this is more of a segway. I, for one am not sold on Love yet and really hope Adams is signed. If AR gone deal should get done and if not can still franchise tag him

Last edited:
IF AR has a season similar to last year and especially if we get to the SB, he will fetch at least (1) first round pick. He's still listed as number 2 QB in league behind Mahomes.
Yes, I think a #1 and multiple other higher round picks as well as a player. No chance in hell he goes anywhere without the bare minimum of a #1 and other higher round picks...2nd-3rd rounders.

There are a number of teams with questions at QB. Also play-off type teams like Giants, Broncos, Panthers, Colts, maybe Saints.

There would be a bidding war imo.

As for scenario you described, would have to ask if ML is truly sold on Love. Don't know about any QBs coming out yet, but if there is a chance to get one like the top 5 from this year's group would have to think about that. Especially if we have the firepower of picks to do it.

Sorry know this is more of a segway. I, for one am not sold on Love yet and really hope Adams is signed. If AR gone deal should get done and if not can still franchise tag him
The “bidding war” is unlikely. Remember Rodgers, with his “restructure “ contract can basically dictate his destination. If he walks he owes GB nada. It’s a small pool that can A) absorb his contract B) is a missing piece for a deep run

The “bidding war” is unlikely. Remember Rodgers, with his “restructure “ contract can basically dictate his destination. If he walks he owes GB nada. It’s a small pool that can A) absorb his contract B) is a missing piece for a deep run
3 places Rodgers goes in this order.

1. Denver
2. Vegas
3. NOLA

All it takes is two teams and guarantee there will be more then that. Especially given the Watson situation.

I don't see Vegas at all, if you're Rodgers and you have 1-2 years left to win a Super Bowl you gonna hitch your wagon to Gruden?

I'd throw Miami in there, throw in AZ as a dark horse, throw in Philly as a super mega dark horse.

Back