Rumors

Terranimal

Reaction score
So don't grill me on this just passing on what have heard.

Bottom line seems to be Gutey looking to improve DLine. So take your pick of which you would want. Odds are nothing happens.

First one is making a trade for JJ Watt. Watt is stuck on a team going no where soon. Good players traded and picks. Cupboards bare for a minute.

My problem is maybe Watt's best years behind him after the injuries?

The second one is more interesting to me. Quinten Williams from the Jets. Playing on a rookie deal and only 22. Jets seem to be clearing house. Depends on asking price. But Williams next to Clark to go with Z Smith would solidify front 7from what am hearing and also freedom for Pack to let P Smith go after season to free up cap, especially if Gary continues to develop.

If RW era the trigger would get pulled. With Gutey we still don't have a good handle on.

Again odds are nothing happens but is interesting.

Bottom line seems to be Gutey looking to improve DLine. So take your pick of which you would want. Odds are nothing happens.

First one is making a trade for JJ Watt. Watt is stuck on a team going no where soon. Good players traded and picks. Cupboards bare for a minute.

The second one is more interesting to me. Quinten Williams from the Jets. Playing on a rookie deal and only 22. Jets seem to be clearing house. Depends on asking price. But Williams next to Clark to go with Z Smith would solidify front 7from what am hearing and also freedom for Pack to let P Smith go after season to free up cap, especially if Gary continues to develop.

If RW era the trigger would get pulled. With Gutey we still don't have a good handle on.

Problem is with rumors nobody cares to look at the financial implications. Williams has a big dead cap hit so he’s going nowhere. So how Watt fit? Ummm no. 17.5m with Bak, Jones due? Just not happening

I see the love for bringing in someone like Williams, or JJ, because of what it would do for the bottom line this year. But the money issue is still there. It would sure gut us next year as well, and cost us picks we need to rebuild.

I know it sounds strange to say rebuild when you're talking about having a shot at the Lombardi, but we're going to see decisions made that keep us within the cap, and that means letting some seriously good talent walk. They have to be replaced.

I don't think the Packers make any adds actually. I think any cap space they have left the team will try to use to extend players due to become a FA.

I here ya guys on money. However Williams is on a rookie deal or first contract go around if you will and makes some sense. Think same year draft as Gary.

I here ya guys on money. However Williams is on a rookie deal or first contract go around if you will and makes some sense. Think same year draft as Gary.
Williams has a $19m dead cap charge it makes no sense

Nope... That's not ML style at all. Clark is healthy again...they'll stick with what they got I believe.

Thompson didn't only draft.

He played it very close to the vest. He set a price and walked away when he couldn't get his price.

Only the people that needed to know knew. As much as we wanted to know, he didn't feel we needed to know.

Admittedly, he was more draft oriented and frugal. It appears he should have been moved into an Ambassador type role years ago.

Thompson made some good picks, had some good drafts, but also whiffed a fair amount of times as well. But, what should be noted is that the Packers continued to win over his tenure.

As bad as we may want to think he was as a GM, he didn't put the Packers in a position where they were without enough talent to be a winning team.

Back