Rumors

The winning has been more due to HOF QB’s than the GM’s, imho.

Very true. One thing though. There has to be guys who can block for that QB, and guys that can catch the ball. Then there's the fact that you need to put 11 guys on the field on defense, who can stop the other team from scoring more than you do.

But yes, the QB is the key ingredient. It's like having a rum and Coke. Combined, they make a drink. And if you throw in the defense, with a twist of lime, it becomes a Cuba Libre. Kind of like football. All three make the drink a little more special. But that's just my opinion.

Very true. One thing though. There has to be guys who can block for that QB, and guys that can catch the ball. Then there's the fact that you need to put 11 guys on the field on defense, who can stop the other team from scoring more than you do.

But yes, the QB is the key ingredient. It's like having a rum and Coke. Combined, they make a drink. And if you throw in the defense, with a twist of lime, it becomes a Cuba Libre. Kind of like football. All three make the drink a little more special. But that's just my opinion.
Very apt analogy TW, since the Packers played like they were drunk Sunday! shots)

As much as W Fuller would be a nice addition to the WR corp, it will not come cheap in a trade. Fuller does have no#1 potential but I am sure the Texans know this and they most likely won't just give him away.
As for winning it now, well there are more holes to be worked on. One thing is with Brat ( not that it is all his fault) Rodgers on many occasions runs out of the pocket to make more time to find an open WR. Holding too long or the WRs find it hard to find separation for Rodgers to make his throw could go either way.....I am prone to think it is mostly WRs speed and talent.
Any of you who believe Gute stays with what they have, I believe you are correct. Unfortunately they take the risk of Rodgers not being with the Packers next season for whatever reason. Then you face a season that now has more question marks.
I am divided in my thoughts which way to go...this is why I am not a GM . My gut feeling as a fan and not a GM is if you feel that you have a strong idea that you can make a solid run at the SB with help,then do it. Let next year take care of next year, because you never may be in this situation for a longtime or AT ALL AGAIN.

Let next year take care of next year, because you never may be in this situation for a longtime or AT ALL AGAIN.

precisely. if you just keep looking towards the future, you'll never get there. things change. and sometimes things change drastically in a hurry. using first and second round draft picks on guys that you might be able to use a couple years down the road, is foolhardy at best. not taking every opportunity to improve your team now because you're worried about how that might affect the team in the future is cowardly. fortune favors the bold.

precisely. if you just keep looking towards the future, you'll never get there. things change. and sometimes things change drastically in a hurry. using first and second round draft picks on guys that you might be able to use a couple years down the road, is foolhardy at best. not taking every opportunity to improve your team now because you're worried about how that might affect the team in the future is cowardly. fortune favors the bold.
If your going to make a move like that he better be the missing link.

Back