Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct, keep in mind covid protocols are gone. No extra PS etc. Injuries this year are going to leave teams extra short...your depth has to come from the 53 and a regular PS.
This. Packers won't have cap to add much so any injury replacement s not going to be very good

I’ll play devils advocate. It’s cap friendly this year and technically the next 2. You can convey the base to SB and gain space if necessary. Either way you pay the bill, now or 2-3 years down the road. Pick your poison
This is a deal to try to make a 2 year run for SB after that it's a cap killer contract.

And if he retires or gets traded there’s no room for FA’s either. If you want to place blame on a contract the one in August was much worse
Yep this will be a deal in 2024 or 2025 that it will likley take a couple years to dig out of the cap hell the team put itself in.

This new deal basically negates drafting Love. I bet that was on purpose. Arod is petty like that.

This deal and the $$ tied up makes it SB or failure. And Murphy, Gutey, and Arod will deserve any and all mud slung at them when Arod lays another turd in a playoff game and they exit early. Can't use any excuses anymore. You're the highest paid QB over next 2. You don't get to use any excuses like ST or Def blah blah blah. You make that kind of money you're supposed to elevate the whole team not just your QBR stats.

Conversely if GB wins a SB those three look like geniuses. But I'm not holding my breath.
I wonder how Rodgers plays now that he pretty much got the Packers to commit to him and keep Love to curb. Last 2 years Rodgers played with chip on shoulder because of this. Does he play the same now?

The Rodgers contract amazes me. I can't believe the Packers front office put this on the table to be signed. They obviously have lost touch with reality.

Thing is last couple years we have seen GB can't get to the SB this seems a deserpate move to keep trying when best it would have been to move on
My point was the organization made a decision to be playoff team vs an organization in reset mode. As I’ve said SB is a crapshoot due to no dominant teams in either conference. Look at Buffalo & KC on the sidelines this year

Maybe but so what ? Again if you want to place blame go back to the August restructure which put you in this situation. They gave him a $48 cap hit. They gave him a player friendly void year
Yup. The FO could have stood firm. But they folded faster than Superman on laundry day. This team is going to need a reboot soon. Hanging on for a few more years of playoff disappointment to delay the inevitable doesn't make sense to me.

Yup. The FO could have stood firm. But they folded faster than Superman on laundry day. This team is going to need a reboot soon. Hanging on for a few more years of playoff disappointment to delay the inevitable doesn't make sense to me.
And that’s basically the point. This was going to be a roster reset now or 3 years from now.

And to be blunt with all of the success this organization has had in the Favre / Rodgers era many in this fan base won’t tolerate a few lean years. Some will. So pick your poison, now or 2025. If you moved on this year you hand over the keys to Love and if he flops your back to square 1 in 2024 again. If and yes if the organization knows that Love is a bust that probably factored in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back