Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Adams won't come back without Arod but the Packers can't afford both.... pretty much tells you everything about this offseason.

Here's a fun game. Imagine Rodgers retires. Then, after sitting out next year, he decides to make a comeback somewhere. His choice, and at his price. It's just a matter of staying in shape for one year. Just maybe? Nothing but food for thought.

I hope we win the SB, he wins MVP, and he retires. Let it end with a high note on the field.
I hope we win the Superbowl as well. If we do, I bet Rodgers retires on top. I, also, really wouldn't be surprised to see him hang it up without another Lombardi.

He's still got it. And, I know he says he's loving this year and appreciating everything. But, I think that has more to do with leaving Green Bay and realizing in many ways nowhere else will be like Green Bay.

I think the grind and the pain of injuries gets to everybody as they age and those two make it harder and harder to really want to get up and do it. Playing on Sunday is probably a blast, but the grind of practice and fitness is the real work.

Sometimes that Mai Tai on a Hawaiin Shore and other less demanding interests are a big pull.

@RapSheet
· 34m
After months of no action, the #Packers and WR Davante Adams appear headed to franchise tag after the 2021 season.

100% Means the end of Rodgers in GB, Not mathematically possible to keep both. For the "they'll find a way " crowd... doing so means you cut or trade Jaire...Bahk... both Smiths... and at LEAST half a dozen other top players.

Going back to the Favre/Sharpe and no one days isn't fun.... been there done that. IF they try it then ALL OF THEM ML, Gute and Murphy should be fired.

100% Means the end of Rodgers in GB, Not mathematically possible to keep both. For the "they'll find a way " crowd... doing so means you cut or trade Jaire...Bahk... both Smiths... and at LEAST half a dozen other top players.

Going back to the Favre/Sharpe and no one days isn't fun.... been there done that. IF they try it then ALL OF THEM ML, Gute and Murphy should be fired.
Adams has already hinted that Arod needs to be here for him to stay. Tagging him would be a useless action that could potentially mean having a really expensive and disgruntled WR in your locker room.

Let them both go and move on.

I’ve felt the the beginning of this soap opera that both Adams and Rodgers (plus others) are gone. They will look to sign a reasonable veteran WR, keep either/both MVS/Lazard, and draft at least 2 WR’s in 2022 draft.
What it means is that 2022 will be rocky as they adjust to life without 12 & 17, but it’s the best way to go since it allows them to keep enough other other personnel to build a team around Love.

I still think both are gone. If Adams is tagged it's to set up a trade. Rodgers is retiring or getting traded.

I’ve felt the the beginning of this soap opera that both Adams and Rodgers (plus others) are gone. They will look to sign a reasonable veteran WR, keep either/both MVS/Lazard, and draft at least 2 WR’s in 2022 draft.
What it means is that 2022 will be rocky as they adjust to life without 12 & 17, but it’s the best way to go since it allows them to keep enough other other personnel to build a team around Love.
I also think they will draft another TE that can both block & catch and draft another RB. ML will put more emphasis on run game and scheming pass catchers open than they have this year.

I still think both are gone. If Adams is tagged it's to set up a trade. Rodgers is retiring or getting traded.
You can't tag and trade....>>> A franchise or transition tag counts against a team's salary cap as soon as the designation is made. It won't shed when traded anymore. So no that's not the angle here at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back