Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark’s “Tyler Dunne” post about Mr. Thin Skin Image Conscious was soooooo spot on.
I was thinking the same thing. Dunne nailed it in his article. I thought this was spot on too, by Ty:

"Next week, long after everyone has averted their flickering eyes to a shiny new object in sports media, Aaron Rodgers will lounge back on friendly radio to explain this all away. Maybe he’ll apologize for being so slippery. Maybe not. He’ll crack a joke or two, mock a “hater” or two, and discuss the latest book he’s reading. The public response is likely being crafted as we speak".

Rodgers said he didn't sign anything that says he should give up his way of life, except that he signed a contract and plays under a CBA for which he was an NFL player rep at the time it was signed. His biggest objection in the CBA was not enough time off for players.

Not enough time off? Come on they barley practice in the off-season now. These players really want to be lazy asses and not do anything to be ready to play in the regular season.

P.T. Barnum said; : Even bad publicity is publicity.

Publicity is what sells newspapers, clicks on the internet, and pays the bills. Right now, Rodgers is the chicken that's laying golden eggs.

If they keep hyping this whole Rodgers vs Packer Front Office stand-off, and use Sunday's game as a spectacle intended on helping to sort things out, the viewership should be enormous. Pro and anti Rodgers people will be hanging on every play that involves Love.

It isn't too often that you see it, but we will Sunday, some Packer fans who are actually rooting for our potentially new QB to fall flat on his keester.

I can hardly wait until Packinatl can give us some info on the audience this game garners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back