Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m more in the 8-9 win range. Those Rodgers teams were just not that talented
I think after the very likely roster purge we have after the season I don't think this roster will have much talent on it.

With young blue chip talent you can count on going forward outside of Alexander do we have any?
Off the top of my head I like what Gary brought the last 7-8 weeks last year, Clark can be a dominant player in the league. Stokes has upside. On offense, the OL is not spectacular but solid. Tonyan is productive and Jones can be explosive. You don’t need blue chips in this league to be competitive. It’s 53 guys

Off the top of my head I like what Gary brought the last 7-8 weeks last year, Clark can be a dominant player in the league. Stokes has upside. On offense, the OL is not spectacular but solid. Tonyan is productive and Jones can be explosive. You don’t need blue chips in this league to be competitive. It’s 53 guys
I still think you need some of that blue chip talent to build around. You can't win titles with just a team of above average.

I still think you need some of that blue chip talent to build around. You can't win titles with just a team of above average.
I’m not even considering a Lombardi. As I said 8-9 wins. If people are thinking a championship they will be forever disappointed and unrealistic expectations. I think there is enough talent to be ready competitive and I trust this staff

I’m not even considering a Lombardi. As I said 8-9 wins. If people are thinking a championship they will be forever disappointed and unrealistic expectations. I think there is enough talent to be ready competitive and I trust this staff
As a fan though your goal is to get good enough to win titles. I just think we need to draft better to get there.

If you trade/cut Rodgers, Z. Smith, P. Smith, Lowry, King, Turner, Cobb, and Amos that saves $72.6 million against the cap and puts GB $27 million under a projected cap per spotrac.

As a fan though your goal is to get good enough to win titles. I just think we need to draft better to get there.
As a fan I tend to have realistic expectations. It’s draft , free agency, development. We have won 1 SB with Rodgers. NOLA won 1 with Brees. Philadelphia won 1 with Nick Foles. Winning a championship takes more than draft success, takes a lot of luck

Moving Rodgers will take care of $23M of that.
Dumping Preston Smith unloads an additional $12.5M.
That still leaves a healthy $14M to unload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back