Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
In light of all this, let me just say: it takes super star players to win in the NFL, but not super star culture. And since Favre burst on the scene, GB (oddly enough, given the location) has been about super star culture. With the Rodgers and now Adams drama those chickens are coming home to roost. When you don’t have a team-first culture, this is what you get.

In light of all this, let me just say: it takes super star players to win in the NFL, but not super star culture. And since Favre burst on the scene, GB (oddly enough, given the location) has been about super star culture. With the Rodgers and now Adams drama those chickens are coming home to roost. When you don’t have a team-first culture, this is what you get.
See I think ML has that culture but those two have their own agenda. We 100% know that Rodgers was trying to run stuff from 2014 in the huddle.. confirmed. Maybe GB is trying to remove the people who are pushing back against the narrative.

And that culture start from the top. Harlan prided himself in the fabric that was GB. Small market blue collar mentality. Wolf and Holmgren bought in and “modernized” it bringing in soul food and barbers from Milwaukee. The organization made the players feel at home. Murphy, and yes wisely so understood that it’s a business and things like Titletown became a reality. But they lost sight of that football first approach / players first thing Facility’s became outdated, the little things. Players became a commodity. Ahhh culture and about the people

See I think ML has that culture but those two have their own agenda. We 100% know that Rodgers was trying to run stuff from 2014 in the huddle.. confirmed. Maybe GB is trying to remove the people who are pushing back against the narrative.
ML does but not sure Murphy does and that’s important here. ML can control the locker room and everything football but the business side he’s limited at best. That’s what concerns me long term about this organization

And that culture start from the top. Harlan prided himself in the fabric that was GB. Small market blue collar mentality. Wolf and Holmgren bought in and “modernized” it bringing in soul food and barbers from Milwaukee. The organization made the players feel at home. Murphy, and yes wisely so understood that it’s a business and things like Titletown became a reality. But they lost sight of that football first approach / players first thing Facility’s became outdated, the little things. Players became a commodity. Ahhh culture and about the people
Thing is that I don't think Rodgers ever felt like GB/WI was home it was not a culuture fit for him.

ML does but not sure Murphy does and that’s important here. ML can control the locker room and everything football but the business side he’s limited at best. That’s what concerns me long term about this organization
I do agree Murphy sticks his nose into to many things. He was originally hired to be the business guy of the team but his own ego makes him think he can be part Jerry Jones.

Yeah I think ML has said he's give Rodgers some freedom in the huddle to call plays but when you are going rouge and going outside the playbook because at times you are clearly mentally checked out that's not good.

Thing is that I don't think Rodgers ever felt like GB/WI was home it was not a culuture fit for him.
And I would bet there are hundreds of players before and after Rodgers who feel or felt the same way. While your statement is true that he did not “fit” in GB it’s not the core of his issues

My point is you can't last long if your "franchise" guys are free-lancing and undermining the staff. No question Rodgers is a HOF QB but he's arguably a bigger headcase than Favre and we know how that ended. I just think he wants things inside and outside the locker room one way and the staff and front office want another..... can't let him win that, you just can't folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back