Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I would bet there are hundreds of players before and after Rodgers who feel or felt the same way. While your statement is true that he did not “fit” in GB it’s not the core of his issues
I think it's part of the issue though. It just add's onto everything. You have something here something there until it just become one big pile that you can no longer deal with and accept.

I do agree Murphy sticks his nose into to many things. He was originally hired to be the business guy of the team but his own ego makes him think he can be part Jerry Jones.
He was hired to run the organization. He and others lost sight of that football is still what makes this engine run. The business side got in the way. Murphy was an athletic director, his job was to make sure the departments made money. Pro sports are different

My point is you can't last long if your "franchise" guys are free-lancing and undermining the staff. No question Rodgers is a HOF QB but he's arguably a bigger headcase than Favre and we know how that ended. I just think he wants things inside and outside the locker room one way and the staff and front office want another..... can't let him win that, you just can't folks.
With Favre it seemed two things. First he wanted to decide when it was quits and second it was just get me some dang help. He did not want or care who they were as long as it was decent help. With Rodgers it seems like Favre he wants to decide when it was time to quit but unlike Favre he also wanted a say in who the help was he was getting.

I think it's part of the issue though. It just add's onto everything. You have something here something there until it just become one big pile that you can no longer deal with and accept.
I think it’s window dressing. He’s not here 12 months it’s a job.

He was hired to run the organization. He and others lost sight of that football is still what makes this engine run. The business side got in the way. Murphy was an athletic director, his job was to make sure the departments made money. Pro sports are different
Yep and now that we have the current power structure it makes me wonder even post Murphy if it stays this way when the new guy would take over will he still want to say ok I will have final say on and off the field if needed.

I think it’s window dressing. He’s not here 12 months it’s a job.
Yeah but still you want to be happy at your job when there and I just feel Rodgers never was happy when he was here it seemed he always had his small click he hung with and that was it never went out and did stuff around town etc.

With Favre it seemed two things. First he wanted to decide when it was quits and second it was just get me some dang help. He did not want or care who they were as long as it was decent help. With Rodgers it seems like Favre he wants to decide when it was time to quit but unlike Favre he also wanted a say in who the help was he was getting.
I don’t think either wanted to be a defacto GM or have any control. Input yes but that’s a big distinction from control. I’ve said it before. Rodgers hates the business of football, he loves the competition that feeds his ego. Yeah he’s a control freak but he’s not the first and not the last

My point is you can't last long if your "franchise" guys are free-lancing and undermining the staff. No question Rodgers is a HOF QB but he's arguably a bigger headcase than Favre and we know how that ended. I just think he wants things inside and outside the locker room one way and the staff and front office want another..... can't let him win that, you just can't folks.
Winner)

Yeah but still you want to be happy at your job when there and I just feel Rodgers never was happy when he was here it seemed he always had his small click he hung with and that was it never went out and did stuff around town etc.
Well he signed a new contract and he could have walked then and had a hissy fit. GB is not for everyone neither is Wisconsin. As Mark once said it’s an acquired taste. All that matter is what he did on the field

Yeah that’s where I was going with my last post. If you’re trying to really change the team culture then you eventually need to purge the guys that won’t change along with it. It’s a noble effort to try to make it work with your superstars but ultimately if they’re going to make it about themselves and push back, it’s just not going to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back