RODGERS UNCOACHABLE?

The truth is in the middle somewhere. Is Rodgers uncoachable ? Probably not. Is he an arrogant overbearing jerk who is a bit self serving ? Yup, almost all QB have that tendency.

Kind of weird that Packer nation is again starting to be overprotective of a QB like Bud said. It does seem rather Favre like in people being overprotective or overcritical of him. He's just 1 player and to that end Mark is 100% correct. 1 man can't define your team because if that's the case then you have no team and you can't achieve greatness. tc(

I would agree to this. My earlier point was that I didn't think he was uncoachable; but like many super star athletes he thinks he can/has to do it all himself at times. And yes, he will need to trust the new coach and play by the rules; as someone said this is a team game.

I would agree to this. My earlier point was that I didn't think he was uncoachable; but like many super star athletes he thinks he can/has to do it all himself at times. And yes, he will need to trust the new coach and play by the rules; as someone said this is a team game.
That was my point in a round about way. I think he'll be excited when he gets into camp but he'll need to understand that it's a very structured system.

I get the on field stuff being discussed here but it’s critical he buys in from a locker room perspective. This is a very young team on offense and Rodgers has to lead on and off the field. Things won’t be smooth early and if he gets frustrated he’s got to show confidence in ML and the system

I don't watch this show but i saw this youtube clip...

as I've said before I'll believe the Rodgers buy-in when i see it. until then I'm in the skeptical dept with jennings. it's not like he's on an island out there in regards to Rodgers. we've all seen and heard enough (much from Rodgers himself) to know what's being said has validity.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to find out that Rodgers might be a little aloof and egotistical. If he's not, there are a lot of people saying he is, where there's smoke there's fire, I say. But I don't care. What difference does it make what kind of personality he has? As long as he does his job, and as long as the team wins, who cares? I sure don't. If these guys are trying to get me to hate Rodgers it isn't working. If the team is winning, none of this is an issue.

What surprises me a little is what Shannon Sharpe said though, because he's usually a big supporter of Aaron. But apparently from what he's saying here Rodgers didn't like something he said and took him to task for it.

I get the on field stuff being discussed here but it’s critical he buys in from a locker room perspective. This is a very young team on offense and Rodgers has to lead on and off the field. Things won’t be smooth early and if he gets frustrated he’s got to show confidence in ML and the system
I agree 100% with this.

The parallels between Favre and now Rodgers are interesting. Not exact, but sort of similar.

Near the end Brett and Mike Sherman were no longer getting along except I seem to recall Brett going the other way and simply running what was called even though he knew it would fail because Sherman was second guessing his audibles. There was talk of Brett being somewhat disconnected from teammates and not even dressing in the same locker room. A new coach came on board and Brett bought in and within 2 years things turned around.

Also interesting in some ways that Sherman really never seemed to get the team past the 4th and 26 game. I think the players started to lose faith at that point. Similarly, MM never really recovered from the Seattle debacle though they did get to another NFC Championship game after that. It feels like the AR/MM relationship was never the same after the Seattle game.

I don't think Aaron is uncoachable but I don't think you can fool him with a half-assed plan or scheme. You better be on top of things. He's smart enough to not be sold the same warmed over stuff, and arrogant enough to push back when that's what he gets. Not exactly a coaches dream and probably not the ideal teammate, but I think the locker room knows he's the guy that can get them where they need to go.

For everyone's sake it'll be important to find ways to make AR's numbers look good while minimizing the "hero" plays needed each week. Scheme guys open for high percentage completions and put a strong running game out there. (You'll need to fix the OL to make those things happen.) It'll be interesting to watch it play out.

one thing that never goes out of style in america: people love to kick a star when they're down.
If Arod wasnt such a prima donna I could agree. But he himself spent plenty of time kicking his coach when they were down. So I don't really feel sorry for him that people are saying things about him.

Back