Rodgers, The Packers and Reality

Based on?? It wasn't his last yr in school because he was awful...couldn't have been pre-season or combine tape because those didn't happen. All of the positive Love stuff will be 3 years out. Any way you slice it the Packers took a flyer on a maybe at best... bad business and awful player personal work.
Exactly like I said, just the skill set. The boom possibility. Mind you, I’m just talking about the player, not where we took him. I have said since last year, he was a classic RD 3/4 prospect, and nothing has changed since then. The 1st round grade was too much, the trade up baffling and inexcusable.

Straight up thought Mahomes was the MVP over Rodgers last yr because he does this rather than forcing it, AR used to do this.

Rodgers though is over a decade older not as spry as he used to be and with all the injuries he has got I think he's like naw that's not my game anymore.

I think Mahomes is a better QB than Rodgers. He's also better than Brady, despite the # of rings. I think Rodgers is a better QB than what Favre was. I even believe that Favre was a better QB than Aikman. I think Aikman was a better QB than Staubach. I think Staubach was slightly better than Starr. Starr was better than Bobby Layne.

The list goes on, and on. Each generation of QBs is progressively better than the previous generation because of the evolution of the game, and the people who play it.

Even the training regimen has changed over the decades. The old days, of guys driving beer trucks during the off season to stay strong has long gone.

Straight up, as of today, Mahomes may very well be the best QB to ever take the field. I see him doing the things that we can pick out as great from so many different players, and it's all in one body, not spread around with various people. He's just plain a natural at what he does. He makes it look so easy.

I think Mahomes is a better QB than Rodgers. He's also better than Brady, despite the # of rings. I think Rodgers is a better QB than what Favre was. I even believe that Favre was a better QB than Aikman. I think Aikman was a better QB than Staubach. I think Staubach was slightly better than Starr. Starr was better than Bobby Layne.

The list goes on, and on. Each generation of QBs is progressively better than the previous generation because of the evolution of the game, and the people who play it.

Even the training regimen has changed over the decades. The old days, of guys driving beer trucks during the off season to stay strong has long gone.

Straight up, as of today, Mahomes may very well be the best QB to ever take the field. I see him doing the things that we can pick out as great from so many different players, and it's all in one body, not spread around with various people. He's just plain a natural at what he does. He makes it look so easy.
there will always be someone better. i love bart starr, but don't anyone ever try to tell me he's the goat.

Reactions: TW

Honestly I hate comparing eras. Systems and rules were different. Aikman was not a guy who Johnson said win me the game, more don’t lose it.

Reactions: TW
Honestly I hate comparing eras. Systems and rules were different. Aikman was not a guy who Johnson said win me the game, more don’t lose it.
It all changed with the Peyton Manning rule in 2005. Can’t mug receivers, can’t hit QBs. Rodgers and all these records don’t mean as much to me.

The issue isn't Love or Arod. You don't need an Arod to win the SB. And it clearly isn't a magic bullet when he doesn't elevate himself in the playoffs.

It's more about can Gutey and the FO assemble a team that can work together enough to win a SB. Do that and you can win with Love.

But really the QB discussion is moot because I have zero faith Guety Murphy and the scouting dept have what it takes to assemble that kind of team.

Back