Rodgers - MVP

Geez Pack! You have one entry on how to keep it simple for Rodgers and then you have a post that explains a game that Brady didn't even play in?!?
It's not a simple conversation. If you honestly take all variables into consideration, the end result is that Aaron is the most valuable to his team. They couldn't survive without him. Brady is one of the best, but he did miss 4 games. I personally don't like Matt (one playoff win in his career) Ryan. I think he's soft and he gets to play the majority of his games inside! How the voters will cast is out of our hands. Ryan looks good on paper, but doesn't ARod's rushing stats count for anything? I guess I just like our guy more. I don't even need 'the glasses' to like him more. IMO he's done more with less than the other two.

If you are going to give the award based a stretch Of 6 games Rodgers is the clear choice. If you base it on how valuable they are to team success then you need to add Carr to the discussion. No way Oakland sniffs the playoffs without him. Do you really think Jacoby Brisette wins 8 games in NE? Not me. Even Jimmy struggles to get 8-9. As to Rodgers rushing? A bit but won't move my vote

Yes the Patriots lost to the Bills without Brady. They also shut out the best defense in the league (Texans) without Brady 27-0. Brady had the luxury of a 1200 yard 18 TD rusher in Blount. The Packers got justover 1300 yards and 7 rushing TDs from all their RBs without counting Rodgers 4 TDs and 370 yards. Ryan had two very good Backs in Freeman and Coleman and between the two they got 1600 yards and 19 TDs. The Packers were one dimensional until Montgomery got going and even then they didn't use him a lot. New England and Atlanta had the option of using the running game to open up the passing attack. Green Bay didn't.

Yes the Patriots lost to the Bills without Brady. They also shut out the best defense in the league (Texans) without Brady 27-0. Brady had the luxury of a 1200 yard 18 TD rusher in Blount. The Packers got justover 1300 yards and 7 rushing TDs from all their RBs without counting Rodgers 4 TDs and 370 yards. Ryan had two very good Backs in Freeman and Coleman and between the two they got 1600 yards and 19 TDs. The Packers were one dimensional until Montgomery got going and even then they didn't use him a lot. New England and Atlanta had the option of using the running game to open up the passing attack. Green Bay didn't.

In first 10 games Rodgers had a rating under 100. 3 of those under 80. Not MVP numbers. Can't discount that. In 2014 when Rodgers won the award he had the benefit of Lacy with 9 TD and over 1.100 yds. I can also argue that Rodgers has better overall receivers than Brady.

The first three games don't mean squat. That's a quick out to say you want to have someone else win the award. I can point at three games during a season from any player and say, "He underperformed."

It's the final results of a 16 game season, and you can't say the guy with the most wins gets the MVP. It's about what the guy contributed to make his team successful.

I don't think anyone in the league has done a better job of representing that image than Aaron Rodgers. Six weeks ago I would have said he shouldn't be considered, but now? I think he deserves it, if it's given.

In first 10 games Rodgers had a rating under 100. 3 of those under 80. Not MVP numbers. Can't discount that. In 2014 when Rodgers won the award he had the benefit of Lacy with 9 TD and over 1.100 yds. I can also argue that Rodgers has better overall receivers than Brady.
If you want to consider guys who were suspended for four games then I would nominate Leveon Bell. He accounted for over 1800 yards in twelve games and they had a porous defense. Maybe Bell should be included anyway, he is the best RB in the NFL.
Funny to hear you note that Green Bay has better receivers than New England when all you usually do is tell us that GB doesn't have talent or depth. Lucky we had Linsley and Tretter. Lucky we had Spriggs to spell Bulaga. Lucky we had Allison to help cover for the loss of Cobb the last few weeks. Nobody has enough DBs to cover the injuries we've had there. So....do we have more talent than you'd like to admit or is our QB better than you'd like to admit?
Last point- when the Pack was 4-6 they wanted MM gone (myself included) TT fired and folks were taking pot shots at Rodgers (personal life included). Then he had the audacity to talk about running the table! What an arrogant jerk! And then he did it! He elevated his play and carried his team to the division championship when we all thought it was over.
Led the NFL in TD passes and led his team in rushing TDs. L. Bell was the only other dual threat that compares. IMO.

Funny to hear you note that Green Bay has better receivers than New England when all you usually do is tell us that GB doesn't have talent or depth.

this is one thing that really grinds my gears. when the same people who are constantly complaining about how we have no depth and how our receivers are overrated due to our green and gold glasses turn around and say the exact opposite when trying to justify their opinion on some other subject (such as whether aaron rodgers is worthy of mvp). pick a side and stick with it.

is aaron rodgers worthy of being the mvp this season? without a doubt. will he be? not a chance. far too many people would love to see him taken down a peg. although i thought this was an interesting discussion: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-netwo...rs-Roundtable-Who-should-be-this-season-s-MVP

this team does have better depth at most positions than many people would have us believe. but i really do wish we would have held onto casey hayward. we could have really used him this season. and we had the cap space available.

Last edited:
I have no idea how anyone can float the belief that the Packers roster isn't deep. We've seen one player after another injured for a long period of time, or hitting IR, and yet, here they are.... division champs.

You don't get there unless you have depth on your roster, because someone needs to step up and fill those vacancies in all positions.

I especially laugh when I hear that we aren't deep at WR. Across the board, the Packers may have the best receiving corps in the NFL. They're explosive, and they make plays. What else can you ask for from a player?

What really amazes me is that we are even able to have this conversation at all. We all questioned Rodgers to some extent. Some thought age was catching up. Some thought he just didn't care about the game as much any more. It is great to see AR playing at the level he is, MVP award or not.

What really amazes me is that we are even able to have this conversation at all. We all questioned Rodgers to some extent. Some thought age was catching up. Some thought he just didn't care about the game as much any more. It is great to see AR playing at the level he is, MVP award or not.

Six weeks ago some here were ready to dump Rodgers for draft picks and now we're arguing about him being the MVP.

And this surprises who? Six weeks ago, Rodgers wasn't superhuman, and anything less than that means the Pack is out of contention. He starts playing the way he's shown he can, and all is well. What have you done for me lately?

Back