Rodgers - MVP

What's truly amazing is how each week Rodgers' stock for getting the MVP goes up. If he has a lights out performance that wins him offensive player of the week, he'd be making a strong case for why he should get it. At that point, if he does end up with 40 TDs and no more picks, he's gotta be one of the favorites.

Although it isn't supposed to matter, a win in the first round of the playoffs as well would essentially give him another step up.

Interesting read, Pugger.

This is the point I made some time ago on this site. The reason the Packers won the SB in 2011 was because AR was playing at an elite level. And it was the only reason we won the SB.

The only way we win the SB this year is if AR is again playing at an elite level. Right now, he has been. The questions is: Can he continue this level of play Sunday and all through the playoffs?

This MVP thing has become impossible to figure out..

It seems to be between Ryan, Brady, and Arod..

Overall Ryan has a more impressive set of stats as a whole. Plus the #2 seed and runs an offense that scored the most points in the NFL by a wide margin and the 7th most points scored in a season ever. If ATL def was halfway decent this team could be near undefeated.

Brady has only 1 loss and 2 INT's in 12 games.
Arod has impressive stats while having some real awful games through the first half of the season but is unquestionably the reason this team is in the playoffs.

At this point I think I'd have to give it to Ryan. Better season as a whole. Best offense (7th best in history). Highest QBR (117.1), 3rd highest %, 2nd highest YPG, Highest YPA, 38 TD to 7 INT (almost identical to Arod), second highest total yards...

IMO the award is Ryan's to lose. NE went 3-1 without Brady and AR struggled earlier in the year.

Real simple on Rodgers. If you are going to give him credit for the 6-0 finish he also needs to be held accountable for going 4-6.

Real simple on Rodgers. If you are going to give him credit for the 6-0 finish he also needs to be held accountable for going 4-6.
He is accountable but he did enough in some of those losses to get the win only to have the D implode and cause the loss. It's just as simple for Brady and Ryan. They both had there own issues this year. Brady had an awful game against Denver I believe. They still won. They also won 3 games without Brady so is he the "Most Valuable" when 4 of their wins came without a god like performance by Brady?

I vote Matt Ryan.

The most overlooked stat in the QB comparison:
Rodgers was the second leading rusher in Green Bay.
So Matt Ryan had 500 more yards passing, but ARod had 2 more TD passes.
Ryan had both of his top backs for most of the year.
Rodgers had a WR end up as the leading rusher.
So tack those 4 extra TDs ARod had rushing and see if it tips the balance at all. Yes, he was human for four games, only had 93 QBR in those games. ARod also led his team to victory over a playoff team on the road to clinch the division. just another point of view.

He is accountable but he did enough in some of those losses to get the win only to have the D implode and cause the loss. It's just as simple for Brady and Ryan. They both had there own issues this year. Brady had an awful game against Denver I believe. They still won. They also won 3 games without Brady so is he the "Most Valuable" when 4 of their wins came without a god like performance by Brady?

I vote Matt Ryan.

When you consider that 3-1 record for New England...they got beat by Buffalo. Yes Buffalo and I believe shut out. Arizona missed a chip shot FG on the last play could easily have been 2-2. You look at the body of work that players have played in. My vote. 1. Ryan 2 Brady 3 Rodgers. Wish I could vote in Dallas ol

When you consider that 3-1 record for New England...they got beat by Buffalo. Yes Buffalo and I believe shut out. Arizona missed a chip shot FG on the last play could easily have been 2-2. You look at the body of work that players have played in. My vote. 1. Ryan 2 Brady 3 Rodgers. Wish I could vote in Dallas ol
Geez Pack! You have one entry on how to keep it simple for Rodgers and then you have a post that explains a game that Brady didn't even play in?!?
It's not a simple conversation. If you honestly take all variables into consideration, the end result is that Aaron is the most valuable to his team. They couldn't survive without him. Brady is one of the best, but he did miss 4 games. I personally don't like Matt (one playoff win in his career) Ryan. I think he's soft and he gets to play the majority of his games inside! How the voters will cast is out of our hands. Ryan looks good on paper, but doesn't ARod's rushing stats count for anything? I guess I just like our guy more. I don't even need 'the glasses' to like him more. IMO he's done more with less than the other two.

Back