Postgame Thread, GB edges out Cleveland for a Christmas Day win.

Yes, we have to close out games by putting them away. We're getting lucky and needed help from the officiating to win this one. Defense has to figure out how to stop the run.

That said, on a positive note a big day for Rodgers, beating Favre's Packer TD record! And Adams with 8th 10+ catch, 100+ yards, 2+ TD game... the only WR to have that many. Plus, the Packers have swept the NFC West and AFC North! That is 6 of 8 teams with winning records including the 10-4 Cardinals and Rams. In fact the two worst teams are the 7-8 Browns and 5-9 Seahawks. Nothing to sneeze at.

But... are we good enough to get past the Bucs? That is the only team that frightens me. (Cowboys don't.) We need to finish games better and find an answer to the poor run D performance if we want to go to the SB.

Merry Christmas, all!
Yeah, we need to not keep going 3 and out the last several drives, like today. Teams get behind, they need to throw the ball to keep up.

I noticed we were getting pressure when we needed it, getting sacks. And interceptions. We held them out of the end zone a number of times. I look at this as the offense stagnating.

Maybe a little more Heflin and Slaton.
I don’t know about personnel. I have to go back and watch but it looked like they just weren’t prepared or able to defend stretch plays, the front 7 could not run horizontal. Not sure if it was wide zone, swear I saw some of their guards pulling but either way not a single guy could consistently get off a block while moving his feet.

We have the worst DL in the NFL. Outside of Clark we have no one that is not just a body. Since drafting Clark the Packers have only spent 1 draft pick on a DL in the first 3 rounds and that was Montravius Adams who was a bust of a draft pick. Besides that GB has just used late round and UDFA to fill out the DL. IMO that won't get you much besides just bodies to fill a spot.

I'm baffled at why we seem to step off the gas.

Our Special Teams are horrible.

Our Defense is not good but is opportunistic.

That means your offense should never step off the gas - ever.

I'm more mad and disappointed at the offensive strategy.

Rodgers is saying goodbye. Too much reliance on him pulling something out his ass.
If one woke up from a long sleep and just saw this game, what would prompt them to have this opinion?

Let’s face it. They are heading into week 16 of the season. Opposing teams have a lot of game tape on this defense. What they do well, what they don’t do well, what their tendencies are, etc.
It’s up to Barry to make the necessary adjustments and fixes so teams can’t take advantage of certain things like the Browns and Ravens did.
If they aren’t already, Barry’s feet should be being held very close to the fire.

This team does not have the talent in the secondary to blitz partly because we also don't have the talent to blitz. Most of the time we blitz the other team picks it up giving the QB plenty of time to go through his checks to find a open man.

Let’s face it. They are heading into week 16 of the season. Opposing teams have a lot of game tape on this defense. What they do well, what they don’t do well, what their tendencies are, etc.
It’s up to Barry to make the necessary adjustments and fixes so teams can’t take advantage of certain things like the Browns and Ravens did.
If they aren’t already, Barry’s feet should be being held very close to the fire.
It looked like there were also a few drives where the Browns went no huddle so the D couldn’t sub. They got us with 2 DL and an extra S and ran all over it.

Were it not for Baker Mayfield and some especially stupid play calling from the Browns on that last drive, this is an ugly, ugly loss.

The Packer defense looks nothing like the unit playing D a month or six weeks ago. They look listless, guys using the same pass rush moves over and over, defenders running up to a nearly-finished-but-not-quite play and just watching. Secondary scratching their heads about botched assignments.

They're going to get bounced quickly if they don't re-group. They've lost focus.

And I think losing Elgton Jenkins is going to kill this offense in the postseason. Jones doesn't have much room to operate, and Dillon is getting three yards a pop instead of six. Rodgers's pocket is getting smaller, too.

As always thrilled we got the win but I have to wonder if winning the last two leads to a quick exit in the playoffs after running out of steam?

Back