Postgame Thread, GB edges out Cleveland for a Christmas Day win.

The refs this year are awful so that's just what it is. They're awful all around.

This wasn't an ugly win it was a lucky win. CLE ran all over the GB def. CLE recievers were wide open all game. GB was lucky in that Mayfield couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.

Questionable playcalling in second half as well on not using Dillon more.

Luck will only hold out so long. So much to tighten up before the playoffs.

I'm baffled at why we seem to step off the gas.

Our Special Teams are horrible.

Our Defense is not good but is opportunistic.

That means your offense should never step off the gas - ever.

I'm more mad and disappointed at the offensive strategy.

Rodgers is saying goodbye. Too much reliance on him pulling something out his ass.

By my count we are 5-1 in Down to the wire games. SF, CIn, Zona, and today all felt like we were very fortunate to pull them out although to be fair many games like today we were in control and just let teams get the edge on us late. Getting the bye is bigger than I would have said a few weeks ago, we need it big time

By my count we are 5-1 in Down to the wire games. SF, CIn, Zona, and today all felt like we were very fortunate to pull them out although to be fair many games like today we were in control and just let teams get the edge on us late. Getting the bye is bigger than I would have said a few weeks ago, we need it big time
We're backing into victories lately. That luck can only last so long. Can't play soft zone coverage with no pressure in the playoffs and go far.

Yes, we have to close out games by putting them away. We're getting lucky and needed help from the officiating to win this one. Defense has to figure out how to stop the run.

That said, on a positive note a big day for Rodgers, beating Favre's Packer TD record! And Adams with 8th 10+ catch, 100+ yards, 2+ TD game... the only WR to have that many. Plus, the Packers have swept the NFC West and AFC North! That is 6 of 8 teams with winning records including the 10-4 Cardinals and Rams. In fact the two worst teams are the 7-8 Browns and 5-9 Seahawks. Nothing to sneeze at.

But... are we good enough to get past the Bucs? That is the only team that frightens me. (Cowboys don't.) We need to finish games better and find an answer to the poor run D performance if we want to go to the SB.

Merry Christmas, all!

Back