Post Game Thread : Vikings Take The North 20-13 over GB

To me, it's just frustrating to watch teams with lesser talent on offense, and a QB that's less talented than A-A-Ron, perform much better on offense than we are. That's the area of the team that should be solid-to-great every single week.

There's clearly something wrong. I'd place about 33% of the blame on McCarthy, 23% of the blame on players under performing, and 23% of the blame on Rodgers playing well below his norm. 31% of the blame goes to Ted Thompson for failing to improve the talent and depth going into the season.

And unlike the Packers, at least you're giving 110%. ;)

I couldn't believe that the depth was so bad on the OL that they put Sitton in at LT. :eek: That is on Ted and the OL coach.

There has got to be some coaching changes next season. I think one of the biggest mistakes MM made was shuffling the offensive coaches. It's apparent that the WR need there own coach and so does Rodgers. This working in the same room business did not work either. I wouldn't be surprised if Clements resigns...in fact I'm almost hoping he will.

I was not surprised by the loss yesterday. Like Jeremy I accepted a few games ago that the Packers would be one and done.

There has got to be some shake up with the coaching staff after the season. Things have gotten stale and it seems like the players reflect that.

I couldn't believe that the depth was so bad on the OL that they put Sitton in at LT. :eek: That is on Ted and the OL coach.

There has got to be some coaching changes next season. I think one of the biggest mistakes MM made was shuffling the offensive coaches. It's apparent that the WR need there own coach and so does Rodgers. This working in the same room business did not work either. I wouldn't be surprised if Clements resigns...in fact I'm almost hoping he will.

I was not surprised by the loss yesterday. Like Jeremy I accepted a few games ago that the Packers would be one and done.

There has got to be some shake up with the coaching staff after the season. Things have gotten stale and it seems like the players reflect that.

What worries me is that I fear Tom Clements is a pretty lousy coach, but Aaron Rodgers loves him, so that keeps him around. And if the QB insists on him having a strong voice in the room, it could be a huge problem that lingers past this season.

The overall issue of coaching is the one area I'm not sure about and the one thing that might make this something that lingers past this year. Is McCarthy after 10 years starting to lose effectiveness? That has been known to happen at around 10 years for head coaches.

I wonder if Clements is a good QB coach and that's all... Giving him more responsibility may have been too much....

Far more miffed at McCarthy than TT right now, but it's mystifying how he gets zippy of the blame. He simply hasn't done enough to put this team over the edge since 15-1.
I completely get Richard Rodgers/Davante Adams though. That year we were terrible in the Red Zone, and a Collins worth painfully reminded me tonight, Adams has a (pointless) 42 inch vertical with some height, and Rodgers is a nice RZ target.

I still can't believe that we lost the division at Lambeau while also now losing 3 straight division games at home. This team should be embarrassed.

Unless we beat them in the playoffs, Queens fans actually have trash talk material for the next 365 days....wideeye))bh(

Far more miffed at McCarthy than TT right now, but it's mystifying how he gets zippy of the blame. He simply hasn't done enough to put this team over the edge since 15-1.
I completely get Richard Rodgers/Davante Adams though. That year we were terrible in the Red Zone, and a Collins worth painfully reminded me tonight, Adams has a (pointless) 42 inch vertical with some height, and Rodgers is a nice RZ target.

He probably could have done more, but the Packers were nearly in the SB last year with most of the same players. I don't think even the biggest TT hater could blame him for the NFCC game loss. He seems to have done a nice job replacing Tramon and House with 2 good looking rookie corners. So he might deserve a little blame, but it's a pretty small piece of the pie. It's difficult to stay on top as the NFL is designed for parity. Certainly his 2014 draft is looking a little shaky if Richard Rodgers and D. Adams don't develop more than they have. I think Adams actually regressed.

Question: Do you think that MM has lost the team?

I've been harping that for weeks now. They have taken on MMs complacent attitude. Did anyone catch the little video snippet showing the routes being run? No, not by us. The DBs from the Vikes were running our routes!! Quit using our WR corp as the scapegoat. The problem is MMs EGO. How do you get open when the DBs run your route!?!?! Honest to God, MM has been scouted and solved!! Remember when he wanted to play the Best 5 on the OL? Then we just learned that Lane Taylor moved ahead of Tretter, Barclay and Walker. I couldn't tell any difference. Nothing like a first time career start @LT in a must-win ballgame.

If he can't check his ego and his impeccable scheme we have NO chance. The opposing defenses run our routes.....is that ARod's fault? You really want to lay that at the feet of our uncoached WRs? It is coaching. MM took all responsibility at the beginning of the year. Staff changes, different responsibilities for coaches, everything. Well, it didn't work did it?

Three divisional home losses. Three home games we only scored one TD in each one. Three home games that the defense played well enough to win, but MMs vaunted offense sucked. Yes, he's lost the team.

Question: Do you think that MM has lost the team?

I don't think it's as simple as "team".... Has he lost some in the locker room? Almost assuredly. Has he lost everyone? Doubt it.

However it seems he's lost his MVP super star QB... It's subtle, but Arod seems to be talking a lot about opening things up more as opposed to MM's preferred ground and pound.

From JS story
"We threw caution to the wind and started throwing," said Rodgers. "Guys got open and made plays.

very telling quote...

Last edited:
Back