Post Game Thread: The Giants defeat the Packers 24-22

I think a bunch of people here have their wires crossed but before posting I got the game which I dvr out to check, if Barry called Man up cover 1 the team played off man sudo cover 3. So I am going to enlighten some of you that means either the call going in was wrong( sideline) OR whom ever is wearing the green dot with quay out MESSED UP..... wait no one here thought about that did ya? If the defensive play caller is out it falls to someone else, I'll bet the barn with all the guys going in/out we are getting wires crossed on some of these defensives calls

44BLITZ CALLED IT FOLKS!!

Joe Barry on the third play of the Giants’ game-winning drive, one Matt LaFleur was upset with because rookie CB Carrington Valentine was too far off Darius Slayton on his 9-yard gain:“CV did not get the call.”Barry said it’s toughest for the far-side corner to get the call.

I don't care what kind of excuses the Packers offer up as to why they got beat, the simple fact is that they play too damned soft on defense when it comes to closing out games. The loss against the Giants wasn't a first. This has been going on since the Dom Caper days, and for some reason, the HCs don't seem to understand they're losing games because of it.

So "one player" was playing too far off his man. Big deal. Every damned one of them is playing center field, and we have no pass rush with 3 men. The QBs sit back there and simply pick us apart with short and intermediate routes. The skill level of our defenders isn't that high to start with, and then we set them up to fail? It doesn't make sense.

Of course the players can be blamed for not "executing." But, it's the job of the coaches to put them in the best position to execute on every play. That means knowing the capability of your players, and making decisions that gives them the best chance to succeed. That ain't happening. They're setting them up for failure.

Look back over the years, and start counting the games we have lost because of this stupidity. It includes losing games when the team should have won Lombardi Trophies. It's beyond nauseating.

But, that's just my opinion.

Always remember, Capers wanted to play prevent in the Super Bowl, but then thought, they'll kill me if we lose this, played aggressive and the Defense got an interception.

So when the defense played off the ball so much last year, and at times this year,,,that was all because wires got crossed and players either got the calls wrong or didnt get the call? Highly doubtful. When the same things happen over and over, game after game,,,, thats on the coach, in this case Barry. Getting the call wrong or not getting it I am sure happens once in awhile but not as often as some like to think. Barry's track record from the past and his time here shows he just is not much of a DC. Keep doing the same things and keep getting the same results. I do believe he is by far the biggest problem with our defensive issues and sure hope his contract is not renewed.

When the players turnover but you have the same issues, it’s coaching. When the coaches turnover and you have the same issues, it’s the GM. And when the GMs turnover and you have the same issues, well…. sometimes the Lord speaks loud and clear. That’s where I’m at right now - God wishes GB to go back to a 4-3. Just the way it is.

When they can't stop a head on Chipmunk

It's time for red meat, Oklahoma Drills, and sprints until they understand they play for the GREEN BAY PACKERS - and, stuff people in the wrong colors.

And, don't talk to me about injuries, our guys get hurt looking at their shoelaces

It's time for red meat, Oklahoma Drills, and sprints until they understand they play for the GREEN BAY PACKERS - and, stuff people in the wrong colors.

And, don't talk to me about injuries, our guys get hurt looking at their shoelaces
Doesn’t work in today’s NFL. Sorry. Players will quit on coaches immediately for that stuff.

not possible...not allowed by the CBA with the NFLPA. It is what it is

What is it? They're only allowed something like 20 contact days the entire preseason, and season? Incredible. Football isn't a game that you can learn to play properly in a classroom. You need to experience it, first hand, and know how your body needs to react.

When you think about all the injuries in today's game, I wonder if some of it has to do with the fact that teams can no longer ramp up their play to full speed slowly, while getting in condition to play the game on the field. The theory is that today's players are more physically prepared to play at game speed because they do more to strengthen the body. The problem is, getting stronger does not replace the slow preparation of your body learning to handle the contact you're going to experience in games. You may be strong like bull, but that doesn't mean supple enough to handle the physical contact. Nobody whacks you with a baseball bat while you're benching 300#.

Back