Post Game Thread: The Giants defeat the Packers 24-22

Jordan Love: 58.6 Love finished with three “big-time throws” and two “turnover-worthy plays.” He hit on just 1-of-5 passes thrown over 20 yards and 3-of-10 passes thrown over 10 yards, averaged just 2.3 yards per attempt under pressure (14 of 41 dropbacks) and received a poor run grade after losing a fumble. Love had seven completions thrown behind the line of scrimmage gaining only five yards. Monday night was Love’s second-lowest grade of the 2023 season.
it's stats like these that lead people to the conclusion that love can't throw accurately beyond ten yards. i'm not saying that's true, but it sure seemed like it last night. yeah, i know - it's one game, it's his first season starting, his o-line sucked, he was relying on rookie receivers, etc. there are plenty of reasons. hopefully just a bad day.

it's stats like these that lead people to the conclusion that love can't throw accurately beyond ten yards. i'm not saying that's true, but it sure seemed like it last night. yeah, i know - it's one game, it's his first season starting, his o-line sucked, he was relying on rookie receivers, etc. there are plenty of reasons. hopefully just a bad day.
One of the over 20 throws was a double clutch incompletion to Doubs. One of the over 10 incompletions was a great throw to the back corner of the end zone that Reed couldn’t track. Not excuses, just context on the numbers. No sugar coating from me either, he was just bad last night

The Bears, Giants, Jets, Patriots, and Titans were a combined 18-42 going into Week 14. They went 5-0 against teams that were a combined 38-22.

2-10 Patriots beat the 7-5 Steelers

4-8 Bears beat the 9-3 Lions

4-8 Jets beat the 7-5 Texans

4-8 Titans beat the 9-3 Dolphins

4-8 Giants beat the 6-6 Packers

Definitely a crazy week of upsets.

Folks need to remember 5 losses by combined 13 points, that's not getting blown out that's we are this close to being a really good team.

Inconsistency is the normal attribute of a young team. I both enjoyed the game AND found it extremely frustrating. I actually still feel better about the season as a whole, and Love's performance. Let's see if next few games changes that opinion.

I understand the way of thinking here but the NFL is all about 2 or 3 plays in a game that make the difference. Most teams do not get blown out consistently in the NFL. Your record shows what you are. This is team is a 6-7 team and is not close to being a really good team.

We have a below average o-line (especially running the football), we have average RB's (due to Jones aging and having injury issues), we have a d-line that cannot stop the run consistently, we have very average ILB's, we have a safety talent issue, we are thin at CB talent, and we have a d-coordinator that is incompetent.

There are too many holes to fill for this team to all of sudden be a good football team. I agree with Keg. The young excuse is getting old. Especially, on the defensive side of the ball. I can agree with that for the offense until next season then the young excuse will be gone for them as well. JMHO.

Love made mistakes against the Giants. He'll learn from it, and grow. The receivers made mistakes. They'll grow. Even our offensive line, as poorly as it actually played, did some good things. LeFleur made some mistakes in play calling, and clock management. Yet, he also made some good decisions. They gave us a chance to win. The defense actually played well enough to win. That is, until the decision on that last drive by the Giants to quit playing defense the way it was working, and go into that darned prevent, with defenders so far off the receivers, and no pressure on the QB. It has always turned into disaster, yet, we keep seeing it happen so often that it's become predictable.

LeFleur himself pretty much pinned the loss on the defense, and the calls being made. People can make excuses all they want for his decisions, by saying it was due to a lack of personnel available to him. The fact is, had they stuck with playing defense the way they had been, instead of laying back so far off the ball, and pretty much killing their own pass rush, the Packers could have won that game. The Giants were not making drives against them, and that last drive was a gift from Barry.

You can post all the stats you want, but the fact is, the judgement of a coach is based on how well he makes decisions when it's crunch time. Barry fails in that regard, constantly.

Oof... Seems like the entire team forgot how to play football... Ball security is bad, blockers can't block, kickers couldn't kick, tacklers couldn't tackle. Wasn't just one individual, everyone had a hand in that loss.

Doubs has double-caught several balls this year. A few of them have resulted in an incomplete pass. He had two of them last night - only one was incomplete. Seems like an odd "hiccup" he needs to fix.

Love had a bad night, He wasn't sharp on his passing. Very typical down game for a young QB

OLBs - wow did we continue to give up the edge. Clearly we needed to stop Barkley. Clearly we forgot about everyone else including the QB.

Overall, probably a good learning experience for the team. They've played well for the last 5-6 games and coming off a high of beating KC. You have to have your A game every week. Any given Sunday...

It's really easy to blame this on Joe Barry because, in the end, when has a Joe Barry defense done anything to seal a game? This being said, and I really dislike Joe Barry and his soft as Charmin scheme...

IF you're going to blame this loss on Joe Barry:

1) Keisean Nixon (who also muffed the opening 2nd half punt) got smoked in man coverage as he has been smoked much of the year. He is not a starting Nickel CB (maybe that's on Barry? Could be. The Packers tend to play the wrong guys in the wrong places). Nixon's unimpressive season continues, unfortunately.

2) Turnovers. Turnovers. Turnovers.

3) Silly over-reliance on the gadget plays by LaFleur. Seriously, how many more Reed hand-offs are you going to try Coach before using it as a Play Action to a defense clearly reading those?

4) Missed FG and overall bad teams play. Paying way too much for a ST guru who isn't

The Packers didn't deserve this game. That was a heck of a series to take the lead by J-Love. My goodness those throws were nuts. And, just like the Rodgers years...the other facets of the team failed the star QB when he had for all intents and purposes stolen a 'W'.

This was a vintage Packers loss. And, let's look at the bright side: we can still jockey for better draft position and a few short weeks ago we thought we had a top five pick locked up.

Back