Post Game Thread : Tennessee Takes GB To The Woodshed

It is time to blow this team up. That includes getting rid of every asset that has trade value to make the rebuild go faster. Why keep Rodgers if you are not going to contend for 3-5 years he will be done if not gone by the time is ready to contend again so might as well trade him for assests to make rebuild go faster.

With a new GM you need to hire outside of the Packers tree. Packers have been stuck in their ways of keep hiring people who have Packer connections. It's time what we did when we hired Ron Wolf he had no connection to the Packers so had no influence of doing things they way they were before. He then hired a coach with no connection to the Packers. Those moves turned out pretty well. That's why we should not promote our next GM from within and we should not hire the next HC just because he had times to GB.

As to a question asked earlier..... The point differential of 20 plus points in our loss was the biggest during regular season since 1948..... Hope that clears it up

Not to nitpick, but watching through the 70s-80s I only had to go to 1980 to find worse defeats. Lions beat us 29-7 for the same 22 point loss. The next week we got beat by 30, 51-21 by the Rams and the next week the Cowpokes beat us 28-7. Not to be outdone later in the season when the Bears wreaked revenge on us 61-7.

Those were the years Half Empty refers to. Things have been worse.
I only looked up that one year, there are probably more.

I've always been a believer that over half of football is played between the ears. A player who has self confidence, and explodes into action on the field can overwhelm almost any player, even if the other guy is a better football player.

Over the years, I've watched guys that they say aren't gifted become household names because they play at a higher level than anyone could expect. Sometimes that lasts an entire career, sometimes it doesn't.

It's time for Packer players to rediscover their inner strength, or they will forever be called underachievers.

I've always been a believer that over half of football is played between the ears. A player who has self confidence, and explodes into action on the field can overwhelm almost any player, even if the other guy is a better football player.

Over the years, I've watched guys that they say aren't gifted become household names because they play at a higher level than anyone could expect. Sometimes that lasts an entire career, sometimes it doesn't.

It's time for Packer players to rediscover their inner strength, or they will forever be called underachievers.

I'll buy that on the college level but not professional sure there are exceptions but talent wins in the NFL. I don't really think this team underachieving it was oversold talent wise. I think on paper it's ceiling was 11-5 and that's when healthy

In the Wolf /Holmgren years there was this culture in the locker room and on the field. Lambeau was feared. Strong locker room leadership.

I've always thought that it takes a a unique player to want to play in GB. The kind of player that football was more important than a social life. More important than money. Favre, White were that way. Even Woodson and Driver.

Do Rodgers, Matthews, Lacy have that same vibe. GB is not for everyone. Residents or players. It's culture shock I'm sure for some players. What I'm getting at is how many guys really want to play in GB? It's like any work environment. And at the pro level the check in many cases are already cashed.

Why do you have to get rid of '12'? I don't agree at all. We didn't get rid of '4' when we went to Rhodes/Sherman/MM. IMO MM/ARod has reached the dysfunctional relationship that Sherman/Favre became. A coach failing to hold their QB responsible. The Packers did what 99% of teams do- get a new coach. Coaches are easier to find than franchise QBs. Hopefully, a new coach would help reset the QB situation like MM/Favre did.

gp((

Not to nitpick, but watching through the 70s-80s I only had to go to 1980 to find worse defeats. Lions beat us 29-7 for the same 22 point loss. The next week we got beat by 30, 51-21 by the Rams and the next week the Cowpokes beat us 28-7. Not to be outdone later in the season when the Bears wreaked revenge on us 61-7.

Those were the years Half Empty refers to. Things have been worse.
I only looked up that one year, there are probably more.

Don't think it's nitpicking. From the Packers Media Guide -

... of Defeat
1. 56 points (56-0), Nov. 2, 1958, at Baltimore Colts
2. 54 points (61-7), Dec. 7, 1980, at Chicago Bears
3. 46 points (49-3), Nov. 21, 1948, vs. N.Y. Giants at Milw.
4. 45 points (48-3), Dec. 19, 2005, at Baltimore Ravens
5. 41 points (48-7), Oct. 2, 1949, vs. L.A. Rams
6. 40 points (40-0), Sept. 20, 1970, vs. Detroit
7. 39 points (45-6), Oct. 18, 1959, vs. L.A. Rams at Milw.
8. 38 points (45-7), Sept. 26, 1948, vs. Chicago Bears
38 points (45-7), Sept. 17, 1950, vs. Detroit
10. 37 points (51-14), Dec. 3, 1950, at L.A. Rams
11. 35 points (42-7), Dec. 5, 1948, at Chicago Cardinals
35 points (52-17), Oct. 26, 1952, vs. Detroit
35 points (35-0), Dec. 5, 1954, at San Francisco
35 points (42-7), Sept. 28, 1986, at Minnesota
35 points (35-0), Nov. 19, 2006, vs. New England
16. 34 points (48-14), Dec. 6, 1953, at San Francisco
34 points (34-0), Oct. 28, 1973, at Detroit
34 points (37-3), Nov. 22, 1981, at Tampa Bay

All but three of those losses were subsequent to 1948, one as recently as 2006, and that's only losses by 34 points or more.

Thanks Half! Ouch. Back to the OP.

Besides the total collapse of the defense, why wasn't Ripkowski hardly on the field at all? With our lack of RBs it seems like he might get a few more snaps. The other thing I would like to point out- watch our WR routes. I swear to God that half of them are to run up to the CB and turn around. I'm not kidding. Just watched the game again, Dick Rodgers (TE) is split out (advantage of his speed I'm sure) runs three steps to the CB and turns around. Maybe we could force it deep to Jordy some more even though he isn't outrunning anyone out there.

There is nothing there. Our WRs are asked to fly deep instead of coming back to the QB on scramble plays. How many times yesterday did you see two WRs within a couple of yards of eachother? MM is scouted and judged. The other teams are starting to 'practice' on us because we are so predictable. MM doesn't coach the players he has, his system is for players who don't exist! It's not MM's fault though- It's TT's fault because he didn't get us Julio Jones, Antonio Bryant and Gronk! :confused:

We've had a lot of injuries, but there's been NO adjustment. It was MM's call to head into the season with 7 WRs and 2 RBs. We are all paying the piper for it. The first step toward change for the better is waving good bye to Pittsburgh Macho. Thanks for the memories.

Last note: Our special teams have sucked for his whole tenure!

Thanks Half! Ouch. Back to the OP.

Besides the total collapse of the defense, why wasn't Ripkowski hardly on the field at all? With our lack of RBs it seems like he might get a few more snaps. The other thing I would like to point out- watch our WR routes. I swear to God that half of them are to run up to the CB and turn around. I'm not kidding. Just watched the game again, Dick Rodgers (TE) is split out (advantage of his speed I'm sure) runs three steps to the CB and turns around. Maybe we could force it deep to Jordy some more even though he isn't outrunning anyone out there.

There is nothing there. Our WRs are asked to fly deep instead of coming back to the QB on scramble plays. How many times yesterday did you see two WRs within a couple of yards of eachother? MM is scouted and judged. The other teams are starting to 'practice' on us because we are so predictable. MM doesn't coach the players he has, his system is for players who don't exist! It's not MM's fault though- It's TT's fault because he didn't get us Julio Jones, Antonio Bryant and Gronk! :confused:

We've had a lot of injuries, but there's been NO adjustment. It was MM's call to head into the season with 7 WRs and 2 RBs. We are all paying the piper for it. The first step toward change for the better is waving good bye to Pittsburgh Macho. Thanks for the memories.

Last note: Our special teams have sucked for his whole tenure!

WR rule #1. On a scramble drill you go back to the qb. It's lack of execution plain and simple. And yes it's Thompson fault on talent. We don't have a true #1 wr. Rodgers was over drafted. Adams cannot play consistent. Big knock on Adams at Fresno was route running. Ummm suprise

The reality here had better be sinking in for our front office: Rodgers MVP caliber play the last few years has masked a lot of issues with the play calling (MM) and roster composition (TT).

Watching MM get aggressive for the first time this year was hilarious. Only took gettting down by 3 tds and he literally didn't know how to stop.

I just worry that everyone gets a pass this year thanks to the injuries. Nothing would be worse for this team

Back