Post Game Thread : Tennessee Takes GB To The Woodshed

We have one remaining game against a team currently below .500. On the road vs the Bears. I don't know how anyone can defend McCarthy and the coaching staff anymore. Seriously. Just a disgusting performance today.

Tom Petty sums up the current state of the Packers in two words, "Free Fallin:

This team has quit on the coaching staff and MM. Game over, season over, regime over.

If you look at what some of us were saying, we're a decent defense tackle to tackle, but we end up having a serious problem outside the tackles. When teams show inside run, then turn it outside, and you get burned repeatedly on the move, you'd think the coaches would be smart enough to see that their outside men just plain can't understand the words; "Outside containment!" If the coaches can't get them to do it, you have two choices. Mine is to get rid of the coaches. We haven't had outside containment since Kevin Greene left. He was just "too exuberant!" We can't have that on the sideline. It's not "civilized."

It's difficult pinning too much on the offense for this one. They made some mistakes, and coughed the ball up, but in all honesty, if we'd put up more points, we'd still have gotten beat. Our defenders looked like bull fighters waving a red cape at receivers passing by them after catches.

If you talk to people around the league, who know players, they'll tell you the Packers have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. Why they're losing is a mystery. That's a polite way of saying; "McCarthy sucks!"

There's no way that anyone with the gift of sight can look at the Green Bay Packers and say that coaching isn't an issue. And that's aside from the physical errors like Rodgers missing Cobb on 3rd down. A ST player without the presence of mind to throw a ball back away from the end zone instead of clinging to it. Offside penalties. Blown assignments. The whole thing from GM to HC needs to be looked at.

thumbsup
Nelson/Adams - At least they did things.
Schum - Didn't colossally f**k up?

sh)) Aaron Rodgers - I can't figure out where this performance goes. I'd say his attitude/demeanor is enough for a thumbs down but he slings it for yards ? I dunno.

thumbsdown))
MM - Why is Richard Rodgers still out there?
Richard Rodgers - Why are you still out there?
Thompson - Richard Rodgers is bad. It would not surprise me if he resigns this offseason at this rate.
Mike Daniels - Dumb dumb dumb.bh(
Trevor Davis - Dropped pass, muffed punt.
The defense - Terrible.

We have one remaining game against a team currently below .500. On the road vs the Bears. I don't know how anyone can defend McCarthy and the coaching staff anymore. Seriously. Just a disgusting performance today.
But many will justify because of the injuries. I don't agree with it but that's the reality.

I'll confess. They had me completely bamboozled into thinking that this defense could finally win games even when the offense struggled. You know. Like championship caliber teams do in all team sports. It used to be savvy and experienced QB's that made a mess of Capers schemes. Now its everybody.

All you can say is "WOW".

I don't see us winning the next two games. At Redskins and at Philly. No way.

If Murphy does not pull up his big boy pants and clean house at the end of the season then this organization wants no more than a glorified carnival and event center for fans so they can make money.

Scary thing is I don't think a dang thing will happen.

All you can say is "WOW".

I don't see us winning the next two games. At Redskins and at Philly. No way.

If Murphy does not pull up his big boy pants and clean house at the end of the season then this organization wants no more than a glorified carnival and event center for fans so they can make money.

Scary thing is I don't think a dang thing will happen.

Deja vu! Welcome to the 70s & 80s!

Back