Post Game Thread : Tennessee Takes GB To The Woodshed

Suck it up buttercup.. no more excuses. We get it you don't want a change. I think your 100% wrong on that.
Buttercup? Yeah ok. Whatever
Fine with Change but it won't make a difference. And change better include a gm

Yeah it's my opinion

Just back from the bayou hinterlands of Waupaca county. No reliable cell/internet service but a rooftop antenna lets me watch the games. I haven't read every post in this thread or several others but it sure sounds like most everyone is seeing some of the same things I am.

What an epic failure in the sense that this season started with both local and national media predicting the likelihood of big things. It's one thing when you have poor performances as part of the expectation that your season is part of a rebuild, but when the thought is that you are a top-flite team, this type of loss usually signals that something is wrong and your goals are probably lost.

I said in other threads that I'm not one of those people who's ever called for TT or MM to be fired. Teams have ups and downs, even the best teams and organizations. This year however seems to be heading the franchise in a different direction.

If they make a change, the only change I'd support is a complete re-do from TT on down. Not even sure at this point if I want Elliot Wolf, but signs point to him being groomed as the successor. My hope is that while EW has spent a lot of time learning from TT, it might be wrong to assume he's a TT clone. He also learned from his father. He's also a much younger man who may be more willing at this point in his career to take more risks. I'm hopeful that might be the case and so assuming he'll take the same conservative path we've been taking may not necessarily be a good assumption.

I'd move on with #12 unless someone just absolutely blows you away with a trade offer. The QB pool is just so poor at the college level that you owe it to the organization to see if you can get something out of him with a new coach and scheme/philosophy. (The old Ron Wolf draft strategy, as someone else said, is dead. The pool is too small and you have to overdraft QBs these days. You'll never get good return value on most of the picks so they just end up being wasted.)

Beyond AR, there is nobody I wouldn't deal, but you don't see that many trades these days so the strategy would seem to be to keep the guys you like and let all the borderline and high priced talent walk or cut some of them if you need to. Time to start over.

Great point that the National media expected much more of this team. Even more credibly- Las Vegas had us in the top four contenders. They don't mess around, it's their livelihood. So I would believe they look at the roster, staff and schedules and decided we were one of the favorites. So where did it go wrong? Key losses from the staff and maybe even more- the front office (Dorsey, Schneider, McKenzie) that haven't been shored up. The roster didn't have a huge turn around. Yes, I remember Sitton, but that wasn't as big a deal as it seemed at the time. Injuries have played a part, but it is the NFL. Anyway, my point would be that we were supposed to be competitive and lately (last couple games) it is not happening. Why? The things we see game after game is that the team isn't buying in anymore. You hear about how teams that improve don't improve until they 'buy in' to what the coaching staff is selling. How they believe in the direction the Coach is pointing at. Well, I don't see that in my favorite team anymore. Stagnation. IMO a coaching change would be the first step, not just the head coach either. Also, when Murphy tells TT to fire MM, I believe TT will see the writing on the wall and he'll move on too.

thumbsup
Nelson/Adams - At least they did things.
Schum - Didn't colossally f**k up?

sh)) Aaron Rodgers - I can't figure out where this performance goes. I'd say his attitude/demeanor is enough for a thumbs down but he slings it for yards ? I dunno.

thumbsdown))
MM - Why is Richard Rodgers still out there?
Richard Rodgers - Why are you still out there?
Thompson - Richard Rodgers is bad. It would not surprise me if he resigns this offseason at this rate.
Mike Daniels - Dumb dumb dumb.bh(
Trevor Davis - Dropped pass, muffed punt.
The defense - Terrible.

thumbsup > Are you kidding me? None

thumbsdown)) >
Defense - just pathetic
MM - team was uninspired, unprepared, undisciplined. All on coaching staff. Seems like he's lost this team. Time to move on from him.
Defense - 47 points
TT - talent is very over rated. CB depth sucks, OL depth suck. But hey we moved a FB from the practice team to the active team. Fantastic!
Defense - make a stop once
Special teams - back to back horrendous weeks
Defense - can you cover a TE? Pass rush non-existence.
Me - for actually thinking they had a chance.
Did I mention defense? Offense did enough to compete. Defense didn't even show up. And it's supposed leader Mike Daniels completely shit the bed. bh(

If the team doesn't change from the top it won't make a difference who they bring in to coach. You have to have talent and the only way TT acquires talent is through the draft. Lately his drafts haven't been great and the result is a significant lack of talent in the secondary, and WR corp and offensive backfield. I do believe MM could turn this around with more talent but it also appears he has lost the locker room. This change cannot be just change for the sake of change.

You know if us educated football people here have these thoughts and then sports guys like Jimmy Johnson echo same thoughts, and now local and national media is hinting at the same, How Can Mark Murphy ( a former pro bowl player) Not?

No word that I have noticed from him public wise. But he would have to be blind and dumb not to imo. The Packer brand is big with big plans carried out in the stadium district.

Imo think these last games will tell the story and if team doesn't do a 180 turnaround and we miss playoffs, think that is when we might finally see Murphy do something towards Thompson.....my best guess is TT will never be fired in public, but more like in public will be he's retiring, even though in private that might be a forced retirement.

And really don't think we see McCarthy let go until TT leaves.

On separate issue....great research on past lost scores. Personally didn't research that obviously and went off what broadcasters has said...my bad.

Pack, Mark, TW, and others: Great points and info brought out by all Was a great read while catching up here! thumbsup

Back