Post Game Thread: Seattle defeats Green Bay 27-24

Kyler Fackrell is this the season he is putting it all together and can be a legit starting OLB

thumbsup
We all thought Fackrell was a wasted roster spot. He looked like a young Clay tonight

D as a whole held up reasonably well despite injuries and staggering amount of time on field in 2nd half.

Better draft position

thumbsdown))

Jackson has taken a big step back. Don't know why, but it looks like he's lost some confidence.

Injuries. Daniels, Clark, Breeland and Graham

Now the obvious, MM play calling on 3rd down. MM calling 4 running plays in the 2nd half. MM not challenging a huge play late in the game.

Where was run game in 2nd half?

thumbsup
We all thought Fackrell was a wasted roster spot. He looked like a young Clay tonight

D as a whole held up reasonably well despite injuries and staggering amount of time on field in 2nd half.

Better draft position

thumbsdown))

Jackson has taken a big step back. Don't know why, but it looks like he's lost some confidence.

Injuries. Daniels, Clark, Breeland and Graham

Now the obvious, MM play calling on 3rd down. MM calling 4 running plays in the 2nd half. MM not challenging a huge play late in the game.

Where was run game in 2nd half?

The interesting thing is MM said at half time to the field reporter, "We need to get our running game going in the second half." rofl(

I never thought Fackrell was a waste. I suggested that he was among a string of players who had been improperly used over the course of their short careers. Fackrell and Martinez were misused, just like Hawk was. Capers continuously blamed this particular group from the start, for any problems on defense.

That said, I never did see Perry as being the guy who should be opposite Matthews. I felt the Packers coaching staff got way too hung up on his size, and not his skills, and sense for the game.

What I don’t understand is this offense never played better than when Philbin was OC calling the plays. Rodgers really seems to respect his ability as well.

So what the hell is going on? This offense has never looked more predictable and stale as it is now. Is MM averse to delegating responsibility?

Again I don’t get it.

What I don’t understand is this offense never played better than when Philbin was OC calling the plays. Rodgers really seems to respect his ability as well.

So what the hell is going on? This offense has never looked more predictable and stale as it is now. Is MM averse to delegating responsibility?

Again I don’t get it.

I assumed he was brought in to help improve the running game and to stabilize the gameday preparation. Philbin always struck me as a guy who is very professional and is a good/great position coach. McCarthy has had a lot of good assistants come through who fit that bill as a good/great position coaches, but aren't meant to be coordinators. MM is the OC, I assume Philbin organizes the preparation for the week and handles the game plan prep so MM can focus on whatever else the HC does.

I disagree about the Defense. The Defense playing in the modern era of all offense has played well enough for a better than average offense to win every game we lost.

Our offense with the Vaunted Rodgers scored 3 points in the Second Half. The first post showing the horrible 3d and short stats identifies the biggest problem. Our offense, and at this swing of the pendulum, I believe it's all on Rodgers does not throw the quick short pass or take what a defense gives us. Had we went for it on 4th and 2, I believe Rodgers would have went deep on a low percentage pass that would not have been completed - and a receiver would have been wide open 3 yards past the line of scrimmage.

The modern game is set against defenses so that you need 30+ points to win. We don't play that way.

McCarthy deserves a lot of blame. I think he's a horrible in game coach. But I don't think Rodger will change his ways for anybody. We are stuck with him and being frustrated by his arrogance wasting his talent and ruining the Pack.

Again I don’t get it.
There was better talent at WR & TE

Back